03 GT Emission Test Problems...

I have a 03 GT, and well my check light was on... It is that time of year to get my Tags renewed, so I went to Autozone and had them run a scan. It said bank 2 sensor 1 was slow response. So I replaced it and I replaced the other side as well. Well after going through the "drive cycle", the light came on again. I took it to Delk and they looked at it and plugged in their Predator Tuner to read the codes. Well the Predator read that there was NO codes, that everything was fine...Even thought the check engine light was ON!! I am still confused at this. So Delk cleared the codes for me, and I was on my way to go through the drive cycle yet again...

Well after awhile wouldnt you know, the check engine light came on again. And again it said bank 2 sensor 1 slow response. Has anyone else had this problem? I have longtube headers and hi-flow cats and Delk put in o2 wire extensions in. Is the extensions giving me the slow response?

I almost bought a tuner, but I was told by Delk that I could use it and disable the sensors, but I would still fail emissions because they would be able to tell that I turned them off and the car would fail..

• Sponsors (?)

Your rear O2 sensors might not be close enough (might be too cool) to your engine and causing the slow response. You could try moving them closer to the engine.

I have Bassani x-pipes with cats and I have and SCT xcalibrater tuner and I had my O2 sensors after the cats turned off and I had my car inspected 3 times like that in NC and no problems. If no one responds from this board, and you can't find an answer than just have the rear O2's turned off and try and get your car inspected.

Good luck

Same thing happened to me after I installed my Bassani. I replaced both
o2 sensors. All was good for about 2 months, then the light would come
for 2 or 3 days then go away by itself for days or weeks then come back.
After a month or 2 it went away and has never come back on. :shrug: