03 Gt Too Damn Quiet!

ChaudMasterFlex

Oct 13, 2011
NH
I have a 2003 GT and I purchased the American Thunder system from AM last year. It's too damn quiet for my liking. Anyway, I'm not sure if I should just purchase a different catback exhaust system, or try adding an aftermarket H/X pipe? I hate the idea of spending another $500+ on a new catback system, but I'm just not sure if an aftermarket X/H pipe will be loud enough? Also, I'm curious if a catted X/H would be much louder than the factory pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

From my research thus far, it appears that having mil eliminators will cause the computer to read 'not ready' making it not scannable for emissions scanner. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Throw on a off road h or x pipe whichever you prefer and it will wake it up big time!. Night and Day difference bud. Off road h/x pipes aren't expensive. If you are a really tight budget look at brands like BBK, Pypes, Summit Racing ( they make their own ), and Jba i have seen for good deals as well. Cats will tone down the sound a lot. Check out utube for comparisons and you'll be amazed at how much of a difference a off road mid pipe will make!

Cheers! :)

If you'd like I can post a video of my set up. I love my o/r x-pipe despite the installation being a pain in the butt. It can be a nuisance sometimes like if you wanna talk on your phone and drive but other than that I've got nothing but compliments from my coworkers and friends.