04 gt stick pinging while shifting?

JimTMich

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan
My 04 GT with mods listed in my sig is pinging when running through the gears When I'm letting the clutch out and applying the gas agressively. Why is this? I took out the preditor tune and went back to stock, it's better, but still pings for a split second. I'm running 91 octane, should be plenty for a catback, stock tune and a CAI and upper plenum.

I cleaned the MAF, no change. Air filter is clean.

• Sponsors (?)

twogts4us said:
What kind of CAI? This is not normal...as I'm sure you know. Is 93 available?

Tunable induction.

I was running 93 with the preditor tune and it was pinging during shifting and above 4k WOT.

This thing should run the stock tune on 87, so something must be out of wack.

i had the same problem with my 04 GT and i run 93 octane. it started pinging with the predator but continued after i removed the tune. Diablo said it was the stock platinum plugs that was most liking causing the problem so i put NGKs and the problem went away. i put the predator tune back in and still no problem so i bumped the timing up a 2 more degrees and still no pinging. i would try new plugs.

Figment said:
i had the same problem with my 04 GT and i run 93 octane. it started pinging with the predator but continued after i removed the tune. Diablo said it was the stock platinum plugs that was most liking causing the problem so i put NGKs and the problem went away. i put the predator tune back in and still no problem so i bumped the timing up a 2 more degrees and still no pinging. i would try new plugs.

Did you run the same heat range and platnium on the NGK's