04 Mach Loses Power After Being Floored

Buzzy

May 9, 2015
Help please ? Very new here as you may see. I have a supercharged 2004 mach with 13k on it. The car was tuned appx 6 years ago in Michigan using SCT software. I have had zero problems since the tune and only drive the car during summer months...I live in Ohio. I finally needed to replace an X pipe and had that done at a local shop close to my house. While driving home from the shop I floored the accelerator and the car ripped as always but then I hit the gas again and there was nothing there, meaning no power at all. After waiting appx. 10-15 seconds I hit the gas again and it had full power. This sequence continued until I stopped driving the car. This was a shock to me as I have had no problems in the past except for the hole in the X pipe which is the reason for its replacement. I thought I had it narrowed down to a bad mass air meter which is a big air 90mm unit. After replacing the MAF I started the car up and it idled and revved perfect like it always did but when I took it for a ride it began to cut out at appx. 1500-2000 rpm's. I have tried some other things but to keep this post somewhat short I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions first. Thanks for any help that can be given.

• Sponsors (?)

One thing you can look for is , the fuel pump - the car is gonna run fine some of the time at idle or revving the car but once you hit the gas , that pump pumps the gas and if the fuel pump isnt pumping the correct amount of gas its gonna lose power or fall flat on its face when you punch it.

One thing you can look for is , the fuel pump - the car is gonna run fine some of the time at idle or revving the car but once you hit the gas , that pump pumps the gas and if the fuel pump isnt pumping the correct amount of gas its gonna lose power or fall flat on its face when you punch it.

Okay...thanks for the help...much appriciated.