04 Mustang Mach 460 Aftermarket Radio Install

• Sponsors (?)

Buy the adapter that wires to ur aftermarket unit and plugs directly into the ford plug. The wires are color coded..... Pretty simple. If you need to know how to hook up the tv to play while going down the road (its illegal and I don't reconmend) pm me and I'll tell u. :D

One bit of advice. Who ever hooks up the system, make sure they take the 12 volt feed from the right ignition source. The ignition switch supports 6 circuits. Two of those circuits supports the Constant Control Relay Module, which supports the fuel pump module assembly. Stay away from these two circuits or you will have fuel related problems that many people are experiencing downstream after they install after market components. Not sure about the 2004 GT Mustang models, however the 2003 GT Mustang models ignition switch wiring that you want to stay away from are: The Green/Yellow and the Red/Light Green. You should be ok tapping into any of the other 4 circuits. I'm currently researching fuel related problems due to tapping into these two circuits. What happens when people tap into these two circuits is, you deprive your fuel pump system from the required voltage that it needs to operate properly. One example is, my son's 2003 GT Mustang has several after market components like audio, video and amps. My gut feeling is these after market installers tapped into one or both of the circuits that support the fuel system, causing his fuel pump to burn out. So, check your wiring diagrams to see which circuits supports the Constant Control Relay Module. You will be glad you did. Good luck, Tommy.

2003 GT Mustang 4.6 Fuel Pump Related Problems and the reason Why!

Here is the electrical diagram for a 2003 GT Mustang 4.6 ignition switch circuit. For any after market electronic equipment installation, you want to stay away from tapping into the two red high-lited # 13-12 circuits. These circuits support your Constant Control Relay Module which operates your fuel pump module. You should be able to use the other 4 circuits which are high-lited in green. Your stock radio is tied into the 13-10 and 13-15 circuits. Notice that the Ford Manufacturer did not tie in your stock radio to the # 13-12 circuits. Many after market installers don't take the time to check which circuits they should or should not tap into, they simply take the feed from the most convenient 12 volt source. I'm still troubleshooting this matter, however, it is my gut feeling that by tapping into the #13-12 circuits, you are depriving your fuel pump system of the voltage it needs to operate properly. If fact, my son's fuel pump burnt out, and I'm quite sure it is because he had these after market companies who installed his after market deck player, video system and amps into these # 13-12 circuits, which lead to the demise of his fuel pump. So, don't take my word on this, because I'm still researching it, however, I recommend highly that you check it out for your self. Check out where the Ford Manufacturer has the stock radio and related equipment tied into. It won't be the # 13-12 circuits. For those who can't quite make out the colors of the wires for the # 13-12 circuits, they are the: Green/Yellow and the Red/Light Green. I have read numerious threads about people wondering why they have fuel pump related problems shortly after they had after market electronic equipment installed. I strongly believe this is why! Good luck and I hope this helps, Tommy.

2003GTMustang46ignitionswitchcircui.jpg