05 GT VS SR-71 Blackbird

tylers65

I've got your tool right here!
Jan 7, 2001
Tacoma, WA
My Airforce buddy says that his SR-71 Blackbird can take a 2005 GT Mustang. I told him he was full of crap but thought I would come to stangnet and talk about it since I am certain the GT could kill that thing. I mean... Mustangs had Mach-1 all the way back in 1969 and they should easily be like Mach-6 by now with all the super duper technology. The SR-71 can only do Mach-3 so the GT should pull it by at least 6 car lengths from a roll.

I figure that when the 05 beats him, it should take on the space shuttle.

Tyler = Hates desktop racing and magazine stats.

I dunno what your friend must've been thinking... One of my former CO's was a Blackbird pilot and from what he told me those planes were pretty slow on the taxiway. The GT could get a heck of a early lead and that might just be enough to put away the SR-71 quick!

C'mon man, the SR-71 was designed in the 1960's. There is no way some low tech, old school piece of junk could hang with a Mustang. And even if it could the color choices on the SR-71 are too limited, you can keep it.

Tyler,
Ah man...there's the Tyler I know and love. I love it when that Tyler comes out to play

I dunno, I understand the SR-71 stretches a few feet longer at top speed because of heat expansion, that could make it nose out the Stang in the 1/4 mile. But we all know the Mustang will handle much better. Ever seen anyone do a 90 degree turn in a jet at any speed?

Svtpilot said:
C'mon man, the SR-71 was designed in the 1960's. There is no way some low tech, old school piece of junk could hang with a Mustang. And even if it could the color choices on the SR-71 are too limited, you can keep it.

Probably STILL using PUSHRODS!!!!

HAHAHAHA, come on people you know THAT is funny!!!

The Stang can beat it in acceleration and stopping power. Have you seen how long of a runway it takes to stop one of those SR-71s. You just better hope the blackbird doesn't add stickers and bigger wings or you'll be in trouble. If he adds Nawwwz, you can forget it!

Seeing that the SR-71 is no longer flying, the 05 Mustang GT will kill any one of those remaining immobile SR-71 museum pieces in any race.

Of course you could buy several Mustang GT's for just what it used to cost to fire up the SR-71 engines and have it taxi to the runway. For what it cost to get a SR71 off the ground and in the air, you could purchase a couple Ford GTs.

Finally, the SR-71 was mostly designed in the 1950s.

Did you know, the SR-71's top speed is still classified information? I'm pretty sure this machine could orbit earth if it could survive re-entry.