I have a 2005 mustang gt that I've owned for about 2 months. The car has a Paxton Novi supercharger installed, and it was controlled by a Diablo tuner with a "custom" tune downloaded to it from the previous owner. After leaving a red light (in first gear) the car lost all power and went into "engine failsafe mode" we took the car to my personal mechanic, he couldn't do much due to the supercharger and other mods on the car. We were able to drive the car to a local performance shop to see what they could do. He explained that Diablo tuners are old technology and it would run me 400 dollars for a new tuner and another 600 for him to program it. This is in addition to the money I've already spent for him to run diagnostics, change the spark plugs, and cut the cats out that were believed to be melted. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what rout we should go. What brand of tuner and what shop. Im looking for someone reputable in the south Texas area, San Antonio and Austin are my first two choices as to where to take the car.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not going to be much different elsewhere.

Do you have a complete mod/build list for the car? What codes are spitting out?

If these are not things that you can readily answer then you should probably pay your money to have it done right. Many, just screw around with the whole affair until the engine is irreparably damaged because they didn't know what they were doing and decided to try a "cheaper" route.

It's not going to be much different elsewhere.

Do you have a complete mod/build list for the car? What codes are spitting out?

If these are not things that you can readily answer then you should probably pay your money to have it done right. Many, just screw around with the whole affair until the engine is irreparably damaged because they didn't know what they were doing and decided to try a "cheaper" route.
The car has a Paxton supercharger
Long tube headers, we cut the cats out because they were melted the first time the car broke down but still has mufflers. It also had bigger injectors (not sure on the size) and some other small things here and there. Do you have any recommendations for a shop in the San Antonio area?