05 smart junction box help!

MonsterBoon

Apr 18, 2017
Hello everyone. I am looking at getting an 05 mustang v6 for trade. They tell me it runs and drives great, but none of the lights or radio works because it needs a new smart junction box. Does that sound right? Also is it straight forward of just unbolting it and plugging in the new one? If I get it, I plan on ordering the replacement from the dealer. Any info will be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, The 2005-2009’s had Water infiltration issues from both outdoor water coming in from the Windshield, Hood- ithrough the Firewall, 2005-2007’s had a Coolant leak that was known to occur. BOTH would land on the SJB, and Fords “cure” was to Silicone seal the boxes cover. Once it gets Wet, it needs to be dried out. If replacement is required, uncertain regarding cost. Yes, can be repaired, be sure they factor this cost in, don’t inherit another’s Headache, all Cars have their “thing”. Great Car, otherwise, if taken care of, did Oil changes/Tune ups regularly..
Good luck! John
if you Google this, try to stick to TSB’s from Ford for 100% accuracy. Here’s one link to this: