• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

08 Bullitt Grille in 05GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter 281Ponies
  • Start date Start date Dec 24, 2007
2

281Ponies

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
190
0
0
Dec 24, 2007
#1
  • Dec 24, 2007
  • #1
Just installed the grille this morning. Photo is bad using an old camera at work.
 

Attachments

  • BullitGrille01.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 285

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Dec 25, 2007
#2
  • Dec 25, 2007
  • #2
Very nice How long did the swap take you?
I will be doing that to my car as well next month. I will be modding it before I install it
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Dec 25, 2007
#3
  • Dec 25, 2007
  • #3
Looks good. I really want that, but don't want to lose my fog lights. One idea I've had is to get the GT/CS front bumper and the Shelby lower foglight kit for it. Then I could have the Bullitt grill and not lose my fogs.
 
2

281Ponies

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
190
0
0
Dec 26, 2007
#4
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #4
Thanks guys- The swap took about 15 minutes once the hood was raised. Had the 3D-Carbon grille in so I’ve been through this before… nothing major though and you do not have to remove the front bumper as some instructions indicate.

The tri-bar running pony came with the 3D-Carbon grille but I didn’t care for the way it mounted and looked so I left it off. Once the bullitt grille arrived I mounted it and just swapped the grilles out.

There are not as many openings in the bullitt grille as the 3D-Carbon has so I'll more than likely pull it again and open up some area for more air flow. I'm happy with the looks.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Dec 26, 2007
#5
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #5
FWIW, if you open the grill up more, you may need hood pins. I'm willing to bet with all the holes open, you'd have quite a bit of hood flutter.
 
2

281Ponies

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
190
0
0
Dec 26, 2007
#6
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #6
True- that is a good point… in the 3D-Carbon grille none of the honeycomb pattern is closed off it is completely open… it was only in for a short time before I ordered the bullitt grille and didn't drive much over the posted speed limit so I did not notice any hood flutter.
With the bullitt grille I’m thinking of opening it up not completely but in a more uniform pattern. There are three rows of honeycomb closed off on each side of the opening, that comes in the grille and the two rows above the opening are closed completely off. I plan to open the two rows directly above the opening in the grille now so it has an open area from the hood to the bumper but leave the three rows to each side alone. Should be okay just doing that.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Dec 26, 2007
#7
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #7
The stock grill and 3D carbon one have more openings because they have foglights. I'm sure if you actually count them, the openings are about the same. If you're not against getting hoodpins, then go ahead and give it a shot. But if you're against it, you may not want to try it.
 

OhOhGT

New Member
Aug 19, 2007
20
0
0
Dec 26, 2007
#8
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #8
DarkFireGT said:
Looks good. I really want that, but don't want to lose my fog lights. One idea I've had is to get the GT/CS front bumper and the Shelby lower foglight kit for it. Then I could have the Bullitt grill and not lose my fogs.
Click to expand...

Can you show me this lower fog light kit for the GT/CS front bumper?
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Dec 26, 2007
#9
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #9
Sorry, I don't have a link for it right now. It's in the 2008 Shelby catalog. They're supposed to be available this spring. A few people with special ordered Shelby GT's already have them.
 
S

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
1,188
5
49
Dec 26, 2007
#10
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #10
Any photos of this lower grill you are talking about. I too am interested.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Dec 26, 2007
#11
  • Dec 26, 2007
  • #11
Here's a link to the catalog
http://scottdrake.net/SPPCatalog2007LO-RES.pdf

The product
 

Attachments

  • front1024x764.webp
    56 KB · Views: 195
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
D
2006 GT Windshield Cowl install
  • Daddidio
  • Mar 12, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
244
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Mar 12, 2026
Daddidio
D
S
Looking for a high-res photo or scan of Rotunda EEC-IV Overlay #17 or #23
  • Smokinjoe 33
  • Jul 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
218
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2026
Praetorious
P
L
A/C doesn't work after long drive
  • lking78
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
1
Views
128
SVT Tech Forum Jun 30, 2026
Noobz347
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
80
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?