Electrical 08" Mustang -base – “ Help “ Windows And Wipers Not Working

Rek0j

Oct 28, 2015
Quick Back Story, Me Driving One night and it’s raining. As I get up to a freeway entrance ramp going About 45 -50 .. See a huge amount of water on the road maybe 3 to 4 feet deep. Yes, I drive right into it and Splash water?!? Fast forward I get home Car was fine Shut it off and Go inside.

Come out next day and car is dead. Jump it, and the car starts but the windshield wipers,wiper Sprayer and my radio stays on , even after opening the door. So I shut down the car, and it won’t restart … So I had to jump it again and now after I shut it off I noticed I could still roll down my windows even after the car was off and I had gotten Out. Again car would not start So I knew it had to be something Draining the Battery , So I took out the Accessory Relay And the Wiper Fuse From the SJB “Smart junction Box” this Allowed me to drive the car and not have them things running .. but if it rained or I needed the windows down or Air I would Have to put the Accessory fuse, wipers back in.. but then I would find that the Battery would get Drained .. So Huge Issues right?

Fast forward to a few weeks past I was told to turn the flood water into Insurance , see if that would cover the car. But after having it looked at it was Denied ” no Water Damage could be found” But they will find the problem For $100 an Hour .. Well I love a challenge and prefer to work on my own Car if I can .. So I went to Work on it

I bought a Brand New Smart Junction Box and had Ford Flash it. Since then My car Is Perfect except My Windows will not roll up or down, my wipers won’t work or the wiper fluid pump and My driver side Door lock won’t work. Any help would Be Nice cause I have Tried All I can think off ???

Steps So far –

Bought a Haynes manual For my Mustang and Followed all the wiring Diagrams .. got my wires all figured out and to where they go ..

Bought a new Smart junction Box “SJB” And Had Ford Dealer Flash it

Bought a Brand New Battery

Have Checked Every Fuse and Relay Possible Associated with these Items , And Checked to make sure they were getting Power.. have bought new ones and swapped many out

Checked Both Window Switches and made sure they get power either going up or Down “The switches are lit up so I know power is going to the illumination”but they also get power when pushing it up and then down

Check both Window Motors to make sure they were getting Power

Removed Aftermarket Remote Car starter And Found My Second Key the dealer said they could not find “I think this is when the driver side door lock quit working but can’t be sure “

Bought a Brand New Window motor and Hooked it up and Still nothing .. Windows won’t go up or Down .. But When I open the Door the Windows will move up or down the inch it needs to Clear … ???????

One more thing I need to Add …. And I think is Important .. and Odd .. when I shut my car off … the Little Security lock flashes but I have Not even locked the doors yet .. ???

I asked the guy at ford that when they Flashed My SJB, could it have not turned these items on because they were off when the Old SJB was in the car .. he said No .. So if it’s not a power, motor, switch or SJB issue, Its not a Fuse, Relay Issue .. What could it be .. ? anyone ?

• Sponsors (?)