1.7 Rockers Under Stock Valve Covers, What Needs To Be Done?

• Sponsors (?)

Your gonna have to grind down contact spots, See where they hit and bust out the dremel.
I have no problem with doing the grinding, just was hoping someone might have pics of what needs to be removed so I could do it before putting everything back together. I started putting the 1.7's on yesterday and found one of the pedestals was cracked so I'm waiting for Summit to get a set to me, thought I could get that done while they are being shipped.

Make sure that the curved part of the rocker is facing down when you put them on the pedestals. If you put the flat part down, they will crack. I manages to scree this up on several of mine a few years ago and had to buy a replacement set.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure that the curved part of the rocker is facing down when you put them on the pedestals. If you put the flat part down, they will crack. I manages to scree this up on several of mine a few years ago and had to buy a replacement set.

Joe
That is why I am waiting for Summit to deliver a new set of pedestals, I didn't do it but the guy I bought the rockers from did, you can see where the flat side hit the curved part of the pedestal and caused it to crack. I had half of them on when I found the cracked one, I had bought these thru ebay and was not happy, the seller didn't say one was cracked and with them all in OE style packaging I couldn't see the problem until I pulled it out. I'm just glad Summit had them in stock.

I dont have any pics, sorry. I had installed 1.7 cobra rockers on about 10 years ago on ported E7's, im trying to remember, but if my memory serves me correct, all i did on the stock VCs was take the baffle out and dremel the bosses that hold baffle in place. Then later on when i swapped AFR's on, i got the 1.6 FMS ones, and then had to dremel the valve cover until i got a set of tall carb covers and jerri rigged them to work w fuel injection set up.
Anthony
p.s. Use lobs of white lithium grease when checking for clearance on the rockers to VC's clearance, it will leave a gooey residue, making the clearance issue known..

Reactions: 1 user