1/8 mile in 8.29 @ 87 mph with a 2.05 60'

lwl1

Dec 27, 2010
My car is a 2005 automatic and this 1/8 mile time was done on street tires easing into the gas to keep the tire spin down.

My question is what kind of 1/8 time do you think I could get if I could get a 1.8 60' time? Also do you think I have 12's in this car?

My mods are;
comp cams
c&l CIA
Kooks LT
Kooks high flow catted x pipe
Bassini Axle back
Steeda underdrive pulley
Brenspeed 92 octane tune

• Sponsors (?)

Keep in mind that your trap speed will drop as you get off the line faster. If you 'could' knock off .2 from your 60', I would guess you'll gain .3 in the 1/8th and loose 1mph. You might just be surprised how much torque it takes to 60' hard.

I've run 7.80's at around 86-88mph with 1.7 60' times. That car doesn't 60' the best, and falls on it's face from the 1/8th onwward.. but somewhere in the middle it makes the time.

Thanks for the reply. I feel like I could drop my 60' time at least 2 tenth if I had some drag radials. My 2.05 was done on street tires easing into the gas. I am sure I am losing at least 2 tenths by how long it takes me to get to full throttle. Do you think I have 12's in the car?

My car is a 2005 automatic and this 1/8 mile time was done on street tires easing into the gas to keep the tire spin down.

My question is what kind of 1/8 time do you think I could get if I could get a 1.8 60' time? Also do you think I have 12's in this car?

My mods are;
comp cams
c&l CIA
Kooks LT
Kooks high flow catted x pipe
Bassini Axle back
Steeda underdrive pulley
Brenspeed 92 octane tune

You can typically drop a tenth at the 1/8th and two tenths at the 1/4 for every tenth you drop at the 60'. So a 1.80 would put you in the 8.0s in the 1/8th and I'm sure it would be well into the 12s in the quarter.

Do you drag race this car very much? Does it have stock suspension?

No i don't drag race much and my suspension is stock with the exception of rear lowering springs.

Well, I'd say that the sticky tires will get you into the 12s if your torque converter cooperates. I just wouldn't do a whole lot of drag racing on sticky tires with the factory suspension. The rubber bushings in the control arms don't like it.

If you do a lot of drag racing on slicks or DRs with the factory control arms, it tears up the rubber bushings, so I'd recommend upgrading the UCA and LCAs. But since you don't do a lot of drag racing and you don't seem like you're going to upgrade the torque converter, you shouldn't have any issues with the durability of the factory control arms. However, the car WILL handle better with upgraded control arms.

Well from what you listed as mods that have been done to your car, It most definitely should go past 12s already with good traction and a 60" . I have the same car as you just (5-speed) with much less mods than you and my first time ever at a track I ran a 8.7 @ 83 mph with a horrible 60ft of 2.0 on street tires.

And from by the calculations that drivers have told me, that is roughly a mid 13 pass right there, its a estimate but still relatively close.

And the 8.29 @ 87 you mention should be anyway between around a 12.70 - 12.90 pass range.

I have since I ran that 8.7 add more mods to my car, but still not as much as you listed there and I believe my car is capable of a high 12 pass If I can get the traction & 60' down.

I believe all you need right now is just good good sticky tires like some Nittos/DRs or etc and a mild stall converter and some UCA and LCA and other rear suspension goods and you are a solid mid 12 sec car easily and consistently. :)