• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

1" spring insulators

  • Thread starter Thread starter nugget68
  • Start date Start date May 8, 2008
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
May 8, 2008
#1
  • May 8, 2008
  • #1
I bought some 620's from the classifieds for my 68 and when I got them they are for a 65-66, instead of spending another $100 on springs I decided to get the 1" insulators, well I got them in today and they are actually more like 3/4"...has anyone else got these? I got them from Oklahoma Mustang...
 

65fastbackresto

Active Member
Apr 13, 2007
1,229
7
39
AR
May 8, 2008
#2
  • May 8, 2008
  • #2
I got mine at Mustang Depot

And they were 1 inch thick, ya need em? I never needed them. I got the 620 1 inch lowering springs like you, but they will not compress any at all, so the ride height is the same as the stock spring, at least on my car anyway. I even did the shelby drop at the same time, and its not 1 bit lower then it was

You should install those springs before you blow any more money, my bet is, you wont like the spring well enough to even want to raise it. I hate mine, to stiff, no give at all.
 
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
May 8, 2008
#3
  • May 8, 2008
  • #3
they are installed and it is too low to drive...the 65-66 springs are shorter than the 67-68...
 

12sec67

Active Member
Oct 6, 2003
1,301
1
36
San Diego, Ca
May 9, 2008
#4
  • May 9, 2008
  • #4
were they cut already? I used 66 spring on the front of mine and they were perfect height. the ones you bought must have been cut already.
 
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
May 9, 2008
#5
  • May 9, 2008
  • #5
They dont look cut...they look brand new, when I remove them I will have to measure and see. Maybe they arent even for a mustang...
 

mdjay

Premium Sponsor
Dec 9, 2003
896
0
16
Las Vegas, NV
Jun 9, 2008
#6
  • Jun 9, 2008
  • #6
nugget68 said:
They dont look cut...they look brand new, when I remove them I will have to measure and see. Maybe they arent even for a mustang...
Click to expand...

Not sure why the suppliers list them this way but I ran into this some time ago. The 1" insulators offered on the market are about 3/4" lol
 

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
2,391
4
49
Thousand Oaks, California
Jun 9, 2008
#7
  • Jun 9, 2008
  • #7
nugget68 said:
I bought some 620's from the classifieds for my 68 and when I got them they are for a 65-66, instead of spending another $100 on springs I decided to get the 1" insulators, well I got them in today and they are actually more like 3/4"...has anyone else got these? I got them from Oklahoma Mustang...
Click to expand...

That mgith be a good thing if anything, the guys at opentracker said they didn't trust the 1" insulators because they have too much play/capacity to move and flex on you compared to the 1/4" ones.
 

mdjay

Premium Sponsor
Dec 9, 2003
896
0
16
Las Vegas, NV
Jun 9, 2008
#8
  • Jun 9, 2008
  • #8
12sec67 said:
were they cut already? I used 66 spring on the front of mine and they were perfect height. the ones you bought must have been cut already.
Click to expand...


Between the two performance springs we offer 65-66 and 67-70, the 65-66 ones are shorter.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

speedmaster new 302 block?
  • rednotch
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
29
Views
642
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 16, 2026
rednotch
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
90
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?