Wheels-Tires 17x9 03 cobra rims on fox

Jvshouse

Mar 27, 2018
I got me a set of 17x9 03 cobra rims. They fit great on my 92. Only issue is the hub cap in the fronts wont stay on due to the dust cap. I ordered from lmr and I did see a 8mm spacer is recommended for the front due to this issue. I was wondering if massaging the dust cap with a hammer would possibly fix this? I'd rather not run the spacer cause I dont wanna get longer studs. Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Likely it will still fall off. Really the solution is the Sn95 spindles, or the spacer. Those wheels were not really intended to mount to the Lincoln Mark 7 style rotors.

Some folks have done a little machining to get the cap to fit without spacers, although i cannot really give much detail as to what was done

Reactions: 1 users
My dust caps are already all dented, it's worth a try. I'm not 100% but depending on how long your studs already are, a small 1/4" or 8mm spacer might leave enough thread for the lugs. Do the wheels rub anywhere? Control arm, fender, etc? Do you have steering rack limiters?

I just ordered these exact wheels and am wondering how it will go. I tested a 17x9 without driving, and the inside wheel lip just about touches the dust boot/sleeve on the strut...

My dust caps are already all dented, it's worth a try. I'm not 100% but depending on how long your studs already are, a small 1/4" or 8mm spacer might leave enough thread for the lugs. Do the wheels rub anywhere? Control arm, fender, etc? Do you have steering rack limiters?

I just ordered these exact wheels and am wondering how it will go. I tested a 17x9 without driving, and the inside wheel lip just about touches the dust boot/sleeve on the strut...

They fit great. Mine is lowered also. I didn't check full turn rub but didnt hear anything when I took her out. Mine is a 92 and I believe 91 to 93 front fenders can accommodate a larger wheel. I was worried about fitment also especially with it being lowered. I hear a 8mm spacer will be fine with the stock lugs. I'll find out. Thanks for replying guys. Hope yours fit good.