190 lph Fuel Pump

Is it probable to install a 190lph fuel pump on a stock engine? The only mods I have are in my sig. I plan on doing Heads/Cam/Intake. My fuel pump is going out and I would rather get one that will accomodate future mods. Is there anything wrong with this?

Edit: I think it will be ok, just want to be 100% sure before I do it.

• Sponsors (?)

Depending upon how insane you get with your future HCI, a 190 should work. If you have doubts, get the 255 (the regular advice in here).

There are some online calculators that can show you how much delivery you need for what power. A 190 should do ya alright (stock is about 95 LPH if that helps you decide how big you need to go).

Good luck.

i did the same thing you are doing. i went ahead and upgraded to a 190 lph pump on a mostly stock engine so i wouldnt have to do it again later when i finally get enought money for heads and cam. i have not had any problems b/c of it. i have not heard from anyone else having any problems running a bigger than stock

Fuel pumps it seems are sold by their max flow rates i.e. 155lph, 190lph, and 255lph. The fuel pump will only pump the necessary amount of fuel required by the application. So if the required fuel for the combo is 120lph any of the above fuel pumps can handle that and they will only flow 120lph. However should the fuel requirement become 220lph, only the 255lph can handle that. Therefore with pumps bigger is better, and no unecessary fuel is used.

It is the return-style fuel system which makes it not matter what size pump is run.

Excessively huge pumps: cost more. They heat the fuel more, generically speaking. And they can require more electrical power or even burn the wiring back there.

You won't have a problem.

I would go with a 255... I would have gotten the 190 myself, BUT, there is always that possibility of a little N20 down the road, and going lean on the juice is a recipe for disaster. Plus, you could at some point want to strap on a blower. Taking your own advice, I'd get the 255. Its like 10-15 dollars more I believe then a 190.

- Adam