1968 Mustang Convertible, WIW

hemimark

Apr 14, 2018
Plum PA
This is a GT clone. 390, headers, auto, super nice paint, no rust. Tires need replaced and a front end alignment needs done. runs strong. front disc, rear drum. I believe the rear is a peg-leg 9"
any guesses on WIW?

Attachments

• IMG_5763.JPG
    IMG_5763.JPG
    494.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_5764.JPG
    IMG_5764.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5765.JPG
    IMG_5765.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5766.JPG
    IMG_5766.JPG
    518.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Sponsors (?)

This is just a ballpark assuming that whoever did the restauration proprerely took care of any rust issues and used very little filler (to fill small imperfections not rust holes or big dents) then I would say 25k to 35k. But that could vary greatly again depending on the restauration. For that reason a lot of people wont comment on car values without looking the car over. A piece of junk can look fantastic at 20 feet away or in pictures. My cousin bought a 66 convertible online that looked pristine in the pics but when delivered to his house he jumped in it and noticed the drivers seat was sitting crooked so he brought it to me and I put it up on my lift and found the whole bottom side was swish cheese and was held together by very bad welds and angle iron. I promply chewed his but for not talking to me first. Sorry for the long reply but things like this is why some won't comment because you may be buying this car from someone and if we tell you its worth a certain amount then you could get stuck with a hunk of junk because of what we told you. Whether you are buying or selling, my suggestion is find a local hotrod shop or an appraiser to look it over.

I appreciate the input. I think I just may keep it! Its a great looking car and it runs really good. I'm new to the Mustang scene so now I have to source a power steering pump with reservoir and a few other small parts. Thanks again.
Mark