1971 Starting Circuit?

woodsnake

15 Year Member
Jan 16, 2007
Hicksville, NY
I haven't stopped in here for a while, and a LOT has happened in my life since I was a regular visitor.
So here is my situation. I am back to work on my 71 Mustang 'sports roof'...I bought the car with no engine or trans. (over 5 years ago now.....) I took a 5.0 out of an 84 Ford F-150, and a good used C4 auto that was an extra, from somewhere...Anyway, I put a bunch of new parts on the engine while I had it between truck and mustang. New timing gear set, new oil pump and drive shaft, new 600 Holley, etc..The car was also missing the ignition key/lock and tumbler. So- I am now back to working on the mustang a little bit. The crux of my problem is that I get nothing, when I turn the key. So how to I check to make sure the switch is good at the bottom of the steering column? I think I have read that a drill bit, of a certain size will make sure neutral switch on trans is adjusted properly, but I don't recall what that drill bit diameter is?
Key to "start", rod engages switch, current to solenoid, then to starter motor, correct? All my projects 513.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)