1972 Mustang Convertible Rear Seat Removal ?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a vert, but I bet it the same for all of them. Rear bench bottom has no fasteners - just pull up from the bottom front to unsnap it. To remove the rear seat back, remove the fasteners (2) that will be revealed after the seat bottom is removed. Then slide seat back off the retainer hooks (not sure if it's up or down - sorry I'm doing this from memory and don't quite recall - If you really need to know I can look tomorrow afternoon when it's light out)

I don't have a vert, but I bet it the same for all of them. Rear bench bottom has no fasteners - just pull up from the bottom front to unsnap it. To remove the rear seat back, remove the fasteners (2) that will be revealed after the seat bottom is removed. Then slide seat back off the retainer hooks (not sure if it's up or down - sorry I'm doing this from memory and don't quite recall - If you really need to know I can look tomorrow afternoon when it's light out)

Pretty much the way I remember it as well. I think I generally have to push the bottom of the rear bench bottom toward the rear of the car to get it unhooked. The cats relieved themselves on my carpet sometime during the couple years my stang was down for my paint and body experiment. So, I'm figuring on replacing my carpet as well.

I keep eyeballing those new rear interior quarter panels. I don't really need them though. Mine just need to be stripped and repainted. Glad they are making more parts for the 71-73 mustangs.

OT

...The cats relieved themselves on my carpet sometime during the couple years my stang was down for my paint and body experiment. So, I'm figuring on replacing my carpet as well.
Petco sells a liquid that works exceptionally well called "Natures Miracle - Just For Cats". It's been a while, but as I recall, it's not cheap. (The previous owner of my house had 20 cats, and removing the old carpeting didn't solve the oder problem, but the Natures Miracle product did.)