• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

1972 Mustang Convertible Rear Seat Removal ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MOC
  • Start date Start date Feb 4, 2008

MOC

Founding Member
Apr 11, 1999
288
0
0
Ocean City,MD.
Feb 4, 2008
#1
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #1
Hi, can someone school me on the removal procedure ,I am installing new rug ,
and quarter trim panels .
Have searched for hrs,thank alot for the help .
 

Platonic Solid

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
1,960
5
39
CT-USA
Feb 6, 2008
#2
  • Feb 6, 2008
  • #2
I don't have a vert, but I bet it the same for all of them. Rear bench bottom has no fasteners - just pull up from the bottom front to unsnap it. To remove the rear seat back, remove the fasteners (2) that will be revealed after the seat bottom is removed. Then slide seat back off the retainer hooks (not sure if it's up or down - sorry I'm doing this from memory and don't quite recall - If you really need to know I can look tomorrow afternoon when it's light out)
 

jikelly

20+ Year Stangneter
Jul 9, 2003
872
53
99
Lubbock Tx
Feb 8, 2008
#3
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #3
Platonic Solid said:
I don't have a vert, but I bet it the same for all of them. Rear bench bottom has no fasteners - just pull up from the bottom front to unsnap it. To remove the rear seat back, remove the fasteners (2) that will be revealed after the seat bottom is removed. Then slide seat back off the retainer hooks (not sure if it's up or down - sorry I'm doing this from memory and don't quite recall - If you really need to know I can look tomorrow afternoon when it's light out)
Click to expand...

Pretty much the way I remember it as well. I think I generally have to push the bottom of the rear bench bottom toward the rear of the car to get it unhooked. The cats relieved themselves on my carpet sometime during the couple years my stang was down for my paint and body experiment. So, I'm figuring on replacing my carpet as well.

I keep eyeballing those new rear interior quarter panels. I don't really need them though. Mine just need to be stripped and repainted. Glad they are making more parts for the 71-73 mustangs.
 

MOC

Founding Member
Apr 11, 1999
288
0
0
Ocean City,MD.
Feb 9, 2008
#4
  • Feb 9, 2008
  • #4
Hey ! Thanx to both of you for the correct answer . Took be all of 5 mins to get both sections out !!.
 

Platonic Solid

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
1,960
5
39
CT-USA
Feb 10, 2008
#5
  • Feb 10, 2008
  • #5
OT

jikelly said:
...The cats relieved themselves on my carpet sometime during the couple years my stang was down for my paint and body experiment. So, I'm figuring on replacing my carpet as well.
Click to expand...
Petco sells a liquid that works exceptionally well called "Natures Miracle - Just For Cats". It's been a while, but as I recall, it's not cheap. (The previous owner of my house had 20 cats, and removing the old carpeting didn't solve the oder problem, but the Natures Miracle product did.)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
rear upper seat trim panel for 1995 ford mustang.
  • dustinbowman95gt
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
58
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
dustinbowman95gt
D
68 vert where to start?
  • 67 blueberry
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
113
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
67 blueberry
A
Help ID - Turbo GT, SVO differences
  • aldoelmalo
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
163
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
aldoelmalo
A
L
2003 mustang v6 3.8 fuel issue
  • lacole1
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
146
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 26, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
B
Rear quarter window regulator
  • BADAZZOMBIE08
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
180
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Mar 29, 2026
BADAZZOMBIE08
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?