1972 Mustang Rear Sway Bar Link Ends

I have a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 with a rear sway bar that needs new rubber bushings. I can not find bushing of the right diameter. The bolt size is .62 diameter so the ID of the bushings have to be slightly larger. I can find a replacement sway bar kit with everything needed for an install, but can not find just the bushings or a kit that includes the bolt, bushings, nuts and spacer.

• Sponsors (?)

.62 diameter?
Your bolt should be 3/8 or ,375
You still have the sleeves hopefully
You can get new bolts and bushings easy
The bushings will not have a larger hole than .375 (it will be slightly smaller and you will need to push the bushings onto the bolt)
If all your stuff is gone, buy some front ones and cut about an inch off the sleeves. That should work
Good luck

.62 diameter?
Your bolt should be 3/8 or ,375
You still have the sleeves hopefully
You can get new bolts and bushings easy
The bushings will not have a larger hole than .375 (it will be slightly smaller and you will need to push the bushings onto the bolt)
If all your stuff is gone, buy some front ones and cut about an inch off the sleeves. That should work
Good luck
I rechecked the bolts and they are .38". For some reason there is a coupling nut on the bottom of the bolt that takes a .62" wrench size. I measured the sleeve diameter for the rear sway bar and it is .69" OD the sleeve diameter for the front sway bar is .53" OD. The bushing for the rear has a outside diameter of 1.75" and the bushing for the front has an outside diameter of 1.25". I haven't change the front or rear bushings on the sway bars. So I guess I will have to find some bushings with 1.75" OD and an ID of .38". I can reuse the sleeves, the washers and the bolts for the rear sway bar.
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user