Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Tebelak

Aug 4, 2008
DSC00235.JPG
DSC00362.JPG
DSC00526.JPG
1983 Mustang GLX Convertible 5.0, 5 Speed

I have owned this car since 1999 and have 2 engines, 2 transmissions, 2 rear ends and 2 interiors that are included.

This is a rust free, original paint car that is a very collectible 5.0, 5 speed convertible GLX. In 1983, this was the first year back with the convertible (since 1973) and the first year with the all new 5.0 and a 5 speed manual transmission. This has been pampered and taken care of for the last 13 years and needs to go to a good home. Please read all the details contained in the auction and if you still have questions feel free to call or email me.

In 2008, Engine Buildermagazine did a story on amateur road racing in which this car was featured during the Mid Ohio NASA Championships. I have several copies of the magazine that will go with the car as well. Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Engine (2)

You get two: I just installed 340 hp (246 miles ago and counting) a 91 roller cammed (Trick Flow Stage 1) engine that had 85K on the odometer. I checked all bearings, cleaned and tapped all bolt threads, etc then installed a pair of brand new Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads, Patriot 1.6 roller rockers, new double roller timing chain (Ford Motorsport) and new manual choke Holley 670 cfm carburetor. In addition to this newly installed / built engine, you also get the numbers matching original engine from the highly desirable Motorcraft carburetor complete to the oil pan (I never had the exhaust manifolds but everything else is there (please see pics).

Exhaust

The stage 1 Trick Flow cam has the classic muscle car lopey idle, coupled with 1 5/8 inch Mac equal length shorty headers, 2.5 inch off road H pipe (no cats – this car is echeck exempt in Ohio), Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers then exiting through a pair of 3.5 inch polished stainless steel Gibson exhaust tips. FANTASTIC rumble!

Transmissions (2) and clutch

You get two: You get the stock, original numbers matching 1983 T-5, 5 speed plus the installed 1991 Mustang GT T-5, 5 speed.

Brand new, upgraded 10.5 inch Cobra clutch, new throwout bearing and new flywheel were installed and have the same 246 miles (and counting) on them.

Three years old with a GLASS rear window. The top worked perfectly until one of the lines blew years ago (I took quite a bath in fluid btw!) and have since used it manually with no issue. I do have the replacement automatic top lines included in the auction.

Brakes

Converted to Cobra 5 lug, 13 front rotors and 10 inch rear disc. HUGE improvement over stock brakes.

Rearend(2)

You get two: Installed is a brand new Ford Motorsport 3.55 gear (and rebuild kit including bearings) 8.8 rear, plus you get the numbers matching original 7.5 with 2.73 geared rear as well.

Wheels

2003 Mach 1 Mustang 17 inch wheels. I chose these because you must run 17 inch wheels with the Cobra brakes, PLUS the factory gray paint on the Mach 1 spokes perfectly matches the original paint on the car. It really looks great and needs a good home! $5850 car only or $7000 for everything. Akron, Ohio.
Brian 330-285-5124

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.