Fox 1983 T-top Coupe - $1000 - New Buffalo Butt Beer

I vote liberating some street signs for floorboards like the ole days. Cut the stop sign for the pan under the pedals haha

Ya know.... :chin

A beat-to-death looking Mustang (83 at that) with no paint, crappy looking OEM style wheels, tore up interior, with modern driveline, breaks, and 400ish+ HP at the wheels with some sticky tires and ability to pull the fronts?

I'd start painting kill signs on the driver's side door.

upload_2016-6-8_16-43-14.png

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I vote liberating some street signs for floorboards like the ole days. Cut the stop sign for the pan under the pedals haha
Just to make it clear on the new car, those pictures that Mike posted are not of the '83 t-top that I'm buying.

He's just a smart*ss, that's all. I'll just put a healthy run in his quarter panel when I paint it is all!:O_o:

Tomorrow, I'll shove my camera underneath and get pictures of the floor.

Ya know.... :chin

A beat-to-death looking Mustang (83 at that) with no paint, crappy looking OEM style wheels, tore up interior, with modern driveline, breaks, and 400ish+ HP at the wheels with some sticky tires and ability to pull the fronts?

I'd start painting kill signs on the driver's side door.

upload_2016-6-8_16-43-14.png
I've had others suggest I keep it looking like it does, except for a bad*ss drivetrain in it.

That would be really btchin' if I weren't a painter. I couldn't go out to it every morning seeing that. It would cause me to grind my teeth to nubs!

Reactions: 2 users
Just to make it clear on the new car, those pictures that Mike posted are not of the '83 t-top that I'm buying.

He's just a smart*ss, that's all. I'll just put a healthy run in his quarter panel when I paint it is all!:O_o:

Tomorrow, I'll shove my camera underneath and get pictures of the floor.
Pfft,.....The car's been sitting in a junk yard in Oklahoma for how long?

You only think that picture is of a different car....

Pfft,.....The car's been sitting in a junk yard in Oklahoma for how long?

You only think that picture is of a different car....

Exactly. It's Oklahoma. Low humidity and no salt air from the gulf. I can drive up to Austin and find rust free cars.

Reactions: 1 user
Cant wait to see more of this car.
Yeah, me too Nick.

I'm betting it'll be almost three months before I'm driving it though. That's alright, I'm pretty excited just to have it.

Besides, it'll be fun to go to some of the mustang cruises here in it's current condition. Albeit with a cleaner interior.... the light blue has to go.

Here, look at this cookie cutter ride. Who gives a rats b-hole if somebody thinks something has been done too many times. If you like it, do it!!

I vote coyote swap with IRS! :D I don't know what this guys car has under the hood but it's super clean!
2011-05-28192434.jpg
That is ultra beautiful!

I know that, like my red car, I'm going to do an updated version of the original color. So it's going to be a version of the dark blue that's on it. Ala @Boosted92LX 's new mustang :)drool::drool:).

There are new four stage paints in blues out now, maybe one of those. They're hot colors, a bit of a PITA though.

I'm thinking, eventually, an IRS will be the way I go. I want to do minimal chopping on the body. My red car has one of the highest production numbers of a t-top (especially in it's original color), it felt OK cutting up the tubs. This one, after a soon to be ordered Marti report, will probably be less than ten produced. I have to admit, the engine bay will get smoothed though.

Maybe I'll be able to produce a sweet ride like that one, I hope so.

When it comes time to do my build on the blue car, I'll do a seperate thread for it. This thread will just be involved up to getting it running as a dd.

I want a coyote, but reading up on that ecoboost v6 has me all hot and bothered. I wish there was a production version of it in a coyote. That direct injection and all forged rotating assembly in a production engine is pretty hot! Imagine that in a v8!

I've had others suggest I keep it looking like it does, except for a bad*ss drivetrain in it.

That would be really btchin' if I weren't a painter. I couldn't go out to it every morning seeing that. It would cause me to grind my teeth to nubs!

From what I understand, these kinds of builds are tougher body-wise than a lot of regular finishes. Repairing all the damage and keeping the patina while neutralizing all the rust... I think it might challenge even you.

That is ultra beautiful!

I know that, like my red car, I'm going to do an updated version of the original color. So it's going to be a version of the dark blue that's on it. Ala @Boosted92LX 's new mustang :)drool::drool:).

There are new four stage paints in blues out now, maybe one of those. They're hot colors, a bit of a PITA though.

I'm thinking, eventually, an IRS will be the way I go. I want to do minimal chopping on the body. My red car has one of the highest production numbers of a t-top (especially in it's original color), it felt OK cutting up the tubs. This one, after a soon to be ordered Marti report, will probably be less than ten produced. I have to admit, the engine bay will get smoothed though.

Maybe I'll be able to produce a sweet ride like that one, I hope so.

When it comes time to do my build on the blue car, I'll do a seperate thread for it. This thread will just be involved up to getting it running as a dd.

I want a coyote, but reading up on that ecoboost v6 has me all hot and bothered. I wish there was a production version of it in a coyote. That direct injection and all forged rotating assembly in a production engine is pretty hot! Imagine that in a v8!
Thinkn' bout joining the IRS club, huh ? [emoji106]

I'm all in for updated factory colors man.

That front end ( I believe is ) borrower than later foxes. Seems easy enough to modify without changing too much of the body.

I'm happy for you man. Even if it sits for the next few years it'll only be rarer and worth more mooolaah. Can't loose with a deal like that.

From what I understand, these kinds of builds are tougher body-wise than a lot of regular finishes. Repairing all the damage and keeping the patina while neutralizing all the rust... I think it might challenge even you.
No challenge at all, I don't want to do it!

Ok, went to pay for my blue car. Got more pictures. I'm including a few pictures of other interesting mustangs.

Take note @madmike1157 . A two inch diameter hole in the floor board that I'm not sure is rot. Maybe a plug goes there. You'll see five undercarriage pictures, first, the rust/rot spot under the driver's seat:
image.jpeg

Second, towards the rear, driver's side, maybe a little there:
image.jpeg

Third, towards the front, driver's side
image.jpeg

Fourth, passenger side rear:
image.jpeg

Fifth, passenger side front:
image.jpeg

Ok Mike! No cardboard and mud for me buddy boy. As the younger generation might say, "In your FACE chump!".:D

So, these other pictures are of my car and a couple interesting ones getting to my car:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Convertible:
image.jpeg

A bit of a mix, @Noobz347 , you should like the hood:
image.jpeg

That's the limit for photos. Got to like that floorboard on a t-top!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 138
Here's another interesting picture. It has an electric fan! Maybe a GLX option on the V6? Anyone know?
image.jpeg

One more of the red convertible:
image.jpeg

And a mystery mustang....It's a four eye....SVO taillights:
image.jpeg

A bit of a mix, @Noobz347 , you should like the hood:
image-jpeg.558397.jpg

That's the limit for photos. Got to like that floorboard on a t-top!

Man... In a world where I had the time and a place to work on stuff.... I'd want the whole car.

That hood.... That was the only year for that hood. I never did know the name of the Ford guy that made the decision for more aggressive styling that year, but he's my hero.