Fox 1983 T-top Coupe - $1000 - New Buffalo Butt Beer

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe if there was more support for that swap. I've seen a couple swaps online. It was 100% custom work. If you had unlimited funds and a fab shop at your disposal it shouldn't be that bad.
Go coyote.
There is the cool factor about it, and the over 30 mpg.

But a turbo charged coyote might net 650-700 hp. My crotch gets all tingly thinking about that.

I vote coyote. It's cool how it hits the 7k rev limiter and doesn't sound like it's anywhere near wound out. I love my Yote.

Find one in a truck for 4k and buy the frpp control pack.

Reactions: 1 users
I vote coyote. It's cool how it hits the 7k rev limiter and doesn't sound like it's anywhere near wound out. I love my Yote.

Find one in a truck for 4k and buy the frpp control pack.
Then there's the transmission and all the rest. For just a little more than the ecoboost, I can have a complete coyote drivetrain.

I know Mike says everyone's doing it, but, sometime those cliffs look pretty exciting to this lemming!

Reactions: 1 users
There is a Mark VIII at the lkq here in tulsa. May not be a coyote but it wouldn't be bad either. Cheaper too.
Thanks man, it'll probably be sometime late next year before I get to the drivetrain swap though, got a little time.

I've been reading a thread on another site about an ecoboost swap into an SN-195 mustang. he started out with an f150 ecoboost about two years ago and is hooking up the nitrous now! getting ready for a dyno test.

He said he used a getrag 6 speed in it.

See,.......complacancy, conformity,...boring, boring, boring.

Coyote is about as "unique" as a windsor swap. It's only been done now about,....Ohh,... 73 bagillion times now.

But maybe if you paint the valve covers a different color, it'll somehow be unique?

I've become callus. When I see a thread where a guy announces that he has found his "perfect" project and look at the pictures he provides I can instantly know whether that project will ever have a chance in hell of completion.

Take this guy for example......all proud as punch that he's finally got himself a Mach 1 to restore.
attachment.php?attachmentid=100833&d=1464705250.jpg

Look at the other projects that I'm sure had the same announcement:

* Finally scored an 82 Capri.
Finally scored a 71 Torino GT.
Finally scored a 66? F 100.

The difference between you Dave and this guy is that I know that you'll get the 83 done. But this still goes to say the same as in my previous post.

How much closer to being perfect would any of these other cars be if dude would stop bringing home shelter dogs,...and concentrate on just one? Then with all the extra time he saves, he can show some love to the poor bastard that has to live out his life in the cage in the back of the yard?
So having more than one project is a bad thing? Got it.

I don't see an issue for buying a car and storing it for a project later or selling it when the time comes to make more room or make a little cash. If you've got the room I say go for it. I've been blessed to have great wife that lets me have a few extra cars because she understands my hobbies. I currently work on all of them.and some may be sold to support the build of another. This is one of the reasons the car community is so great. Wheeling and dealing and meeting other folks with the same passion.

Life happens and people have to sell their "finally scored ....." car or they bit off more than they could chew. Still don't see the issue. I love this hobby and will buy many more cars so long as I am able. As for that Mach 1... good luck to that gentleman or the guy who picks it up after him. Maybe I'll get a crack at it myself.

Reactions: 1 user
And maybe everyone is doing a coyote swap where you are from, but I have yet to see one in person and would love a chance at putting that powerhouse in a foxbody.i think a 4 eyed T-stop with that motor would be awesome.

Dave, it's your car do what makes you happy. I vote coyote swap and with your painting skills, that car will be bad ass

Reactions: 2 users
Diet Mt. Dew...doctor gave me the ultimatum last week. No more drinking for this guy(well most of the time lol). I have to lose 50-75# also. I'm not a big drinker anyway. I do like a couple gin and tonic every once in awhile though.

Oh...and still say coyote/turbo. The ecoboost idea is badass and understand what Mike is saying. I just would go more conventional. As if a 700hp coyote in a 83 T top is conventional.

Diet Mt. Dew...doctor gave me the ultimatum last week. No more drinking for this guy(well most of the time lol). I have to lose 50-75# also. I'm not a big drinker anyway. I do like a couple gin and tonic every once in awhile though.
Ok Todd, I'll do my part, what beer do you want to drink? I'll force myself to drink it for you....because I'm a hero, that's why......:O_o:

BTW, my grandma used to like gin and tonic......

There you go brother. I don't have a list of cool cars to show you, but I have an '83 t-top coupe now!

I was twenty-one when this car was made. Cool in that respect. When I was twenty one, I was with the seventh infantry division out of Fort Ord, California. Lots of memories from then... Van Halen came out with their new album, I can't remember, was it 1984 or For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge? @stykthyn ? do you know? 1984 seems logical. We had a battalion go to Grenada to help rescue those students. Clint Eastwood made it seem a lot cooler in his movie. Except he played a freaking marine. WTF marines had to do with what was an army operation still has me baffled.

Oh well, 1983 reminds me of being young before I went to the dark side (those that understand what that means, libre!) (those that don't, don't worry about it).
Heartbreak ridge was an awesome movie. Still one of my favorite Eastwood movies.

I was stationed at DLI Monterey for a stint and many of my friends lived at Fort Ord since that was where the married folk went at night. It had been closed for quite sometime before then though. Still interesting to see how it ended up like it is. I used the auto garage there for a few things as well. That's where met my wife too.

Reactions: 2 users
You could always revisit my suggestion of putting twin turbos on the current sixxer :D
Look up the specs on the ecoboost Chris. Totally bitchin' engine.....just missing two cylinders is all.

Once you've looked them up, just think what those two cylinders would do! What a badass engine ford could throw at us!