1985 gt exhaust mods ???

Im looking for some advice on what brands and what i can do with small budget for my 85 gt , got flows for the mufflers and still got the stock exhaust manifolds and y pipe with exhaust . i would like to make it dual all the way , just have a cat back now . what h or x pipe has a direct fit to the stock maifolds . I know I need the double himp cross member .
anyhelp would be great !! Let me know what is a good combo:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Grab some 86+ headers (I beleive the driver's side is the same as 85 anyway, grab a stock 87-93 h-pipe (some guys still give them away...not they are starting to sell them) and an 86+ double hump X'member.

You'll also need the correct 86+ exhaust hangers for the rear since 1985 uses this odd spoon shaped hanger for the mufflers. But if you already have a cat-back, then the 86+ h-pipe should bolt up to it fine.

what brand h or x pipe with bolt to stock 85 manifolds

Pretty much nothing will fit '85 stock headers because of the heat riser on the driver's side exhaust manifold. You might be able to have an exhaust shop hack one up to fit on there for ya', but you'd be better off just switching to '87+ manifolds and getting the extra flow from those while you're at it. FWIW, the '86 5.0 manifolds were slightly different than the '87-'93 headers - hard to describe, but the ones I had on my '86 GT 'vert were more of a manifold style than a header, but not straight logs like the older early-80's ones.