1986 Mustang Gt Convertible - 1 Owner - Red/gray - Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Mar 25, 2001
Royal Oak, MI
FOR SALE: 1986 Mustang GT convertible, VIN 1FABP27M3GF220450. 1 family owned since almost new. Red with gray lower body paint (rare factory option), gray cloth interior, white top. 5.0L V8, fuel injected, 5-speed manual transmission, non-posi 8.8” rear axle with 2.73:1 gears. 100% factory stock, other than adjustable camber plates on front struts. 103k miles. Fully-optioned with power windows, power locks, power top, cruise control, AM/FM/cassette, tilt steering column, etc.

My father purchased this car in 1987 with 12,300 miles on it from Bob Allen Ford in Overland Park, Kansas. According to AutoCheck (report available), it had been used by the dealership as a demo making my father the 1st titled owner. My father gave the car to me in 1992 and it has been my summer driver ever since. It has lived in Kansas, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Good:
·Reliable, unmodified car that has been a regularly maintained and used as a summer driver since new (never seen salt). Runs, drive, steers and stops well.
·100% rust-free body
·Clean interior (no rips, minimal wear)
·Garaged most-of its life.
·100% functional: all equipment is operational
·4 new Continental ContiSport Contact tires purchased last summer (under 1000 miles on them) mounted on the factory 15” 10-hole “D-slot” wheels
·Included with the car are 4 16” American Racing “Type 534” 5-spoke wheels with BF Goodrich G-force TA tires with good tread. 3 of these wheels are in excellent condition and all center caps are included (see info below on the 4th wheel).

Bad:
·Paint is original (26 years old) and shows scratches, chips and some fading from years of use
·Minor dings in the body from 26 years of use
·Top is original and needs to be replaced: it is cracked in several spots. I keep the car garaged both at home and at work. Since I only drive it on sunny days I have not had the need to replace the top.
·The engine burns a little oil out the exhaust of the left bank of cylinders during hard acceleration.
·The engine leaks a little oil at both the front and rear main seals
·The car was in a minor front-end collision prior to our purchase: the passenger side fender and door were replaced and repainted. As the years have passed by, these body panels have faded a little different than the rest of the body.
·The passenger front fender and front fascia have minor damage from a low-speed driveway incident with a flower-box. The lower air dam on the fender is missing.
·The 4th American Racing wheel was damaged in the incident above and is not repairable. The tire appears OK.

This car is fine as a summer driver and would be an easy restoration to make it like-new again. I am selling the car because I simply do not drive the car much anymore. I would like for it to go to a loving home.

$2750 OBO. Contact Jake at 248-658-8275 Monday-Friday 6-10pm or Saturday-Sunday 10am-10pm EDT. Located in Berkley, Michigan (north suburb of Detroit).

Follow this link to see 50 detailed pictures of the vehicle: http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h370/kaline74/1986 Mustang GT Convertible/

Attachments

• DSCN2390.jpg
    DSCN2390.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 448
  • Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.