JRW49

Mar 12, 2018
Idles and runs rich. I have replaced both oxygen sensors,tps,idle servo, pressure regulator and coolant sensor. I was wondering has any had this problem and how did you fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

Stock motor? Stock injectors?

Has there been any modification to the ECU? Has there been a MAF conversion?

Have you pulled codes?

If it's not been converted, have you looked at the MAP sensor?

Wecome aboard. :)

I was installing a set of after market pullyes on a 1966 289 mustang. They did not line up. Italked with friend of mine at our local NAPA store he sent me to Lindseys automotive in round Hill ky they can rebuild your water pump and install different length shafts. Fixed my problem and all works well and a very resonable price. Just thought I would put out there in case anyone runs into the same problem it saved me alot of work and money.

Idles and runs rich. I have replaced both oxygen sensors,tps,idle servo, pressure regulator and coolant sensor. I was wondering has any had this problem and how did you fix it.

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the [URL=" http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=698148"]Surging Idle Checklist[/URL]. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 250,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

I was installing a set of after market pullyes on a 1966 289 mustang. They did not line up. Italked with friend of mine at our local NAPA store he sent me to Lindseys automotive in round Hill ky they can rebuild your water pump and install different length shafts. Fixed my problem and all works well and a very resonable price. Just thought I would put out there in case anyone runs into the same problem it saved me alot of work and money.
1521157911310.jpg

So what is it?????

A 1966 289 with a carb no O2 sensors, no MAP sensor, no sensors at all really or....

Is it a 1986 302 with Speed Density fuel injection?

Let's start with that. Take care and word your post well. Gibberish has a tendency to completely disappear around here.

Reactions: 1 user