• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

1987 Gt -- Gauge Cluster Showing Green At Night

  • Thread starter Thread starter jruppert
  • Start date Start date Sep 24, 2014

jruppert

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
294
1
19
Michigan
Sep 24, 2014
#1
  • Sep 24, 2014
  • #1
Just curious if anyone has come across this issue and what it could be. I am seeing green bleeding through the cluster at night. It shows up over the tach & left side gauges. Its almost like there is too much light trying to shine through the back side of the gauge.
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 24, 2014
#2
  • Sep 24, 2014
  • #2
Mine does that too. I think it's uv breakdown of the paint or the plastic on the gauges.
 

jruppert

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
294
1
19
Michigan
Sep 24, 2014
#3
  • Sep 24, 2014
  • #3
I may need to replace it. THere are a couple bulbs burned out. I would hate to go to the trouble of replacing the bulbs when i should replace the cluster.
 

Onefine88

Previously 89SSC18
10 Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
1,422
796
154
Sep 25, 2014
#4
  • Sep 25, 2014
  • #4
I had an '87 vert for awhile. It did the same. I agree with "stykthyn" .
I think the sun burns them up in the verts over time.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,332
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Sep 25, 2014
#5
  • Sep 25, 2014
  • #5
27 year old gauge cluster...just breaks down over time
 
Reactions: jruppert
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
172
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
P
Electrical 1988 GT Wrong Cluster- causing electrical issues?
  • pindude80
  • May 6, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
370
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 6, 2025
pindude80
P
D
Progress Thread Calypso Green 92 LX Hatchback
  • Dakar09
  • May 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
728
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
rednotch
F
1987 Mustang tachometer removal from cluster
  • FoxDude87
  • Mar 31, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
257
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 1, 2025
FoxDude87
F
P
Crank but no start BUT no power to gauges
  • project_88LX
  • Jan 13, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
606
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 14, 2025
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?