1989 Notchback 5.0 & 5 speed...77,000 original miles...$7500

Status
Not open for further replies.

5.uh0

Jul 11, 2010
Up for sale is my 1989 Ford Mustang Notchback with 77,000 original miles. I originally bought this car bone stock and upgraded the following over the course of the past year and half. This car was put together by ME with extreme attention to detail with absolutely no cut corners. I’m the type that can’t sleep at night knowing that something wasn’t done right! When I bought the car it was bone stock and had the typical 21 year old motor leaks. Now don’t get me wrong the car was in good shape and has never been a daily driver or been in any kind of weather. I took the motor out last winter to fix all the leaks, clean it all up, and add a few goodies. The goodies include:

-GT40 Heads Ported by “Thumper Performance”
-Heads were then sent to FordStrokers.net and were milled, machined for LS1 dual valve springs, and also machined for stud mount rockers
-COMP 1.6 stud mount roller rockers
-ARP studs
-ARP head bolts
-Trick Flow hardened chromoly push rods
-ISKE adjustable guide plates
-Custom cam by Camshaft Innovations, Jay Allen (bada$$ cam!)
-Ported GT40 lower intake (gasket matched)
-Ported GT40 DOWNS upper intake (gasket matched)
-Accufab Race throttle body 90mm
-PMAS 95mm mass air meter calibrated for 24# injectors
-Ford 24# injectors
-Anderson 4” Power Pipe
-COMP double roller timing chain
-Ford Racing valve covers with K&N breathers
-Fidanza aluminum flywheel
-ARP flywheel bolts
-Profession Products SFI approved lightweight 50oz balancer
-ARP harmonic balancer bolt
-MSD 6AL with assortment of pills and Ford FI wiring harness (plug and play)
-MSD cap and rotor
-Taylor custom fit wires
-ARP oil pump shaft
-New oem oil pump
-Solid motor mounts
-Moroso alternator relocation bracket
-New alternator (lifetime warranty)
-Steeda double hook quadrant
-Steeda adjustable clutch cable
-Flaming River manual rack and pinion
-Solid steering shaft
-Adjustable timing pointer
-CSR electric water pump
-Ram 6000 clutch disc (very nice clutch)
-Kooks longtube 1 ¾ headers ceramic coated (bought used)
-Dynomax Bullet mufflers 3” in 3” out
-All new 3” exhaust
-Maximum Motorsports stock brake upgrade kit
-Maximum Motorsports full length sub frame connectors (not installed)
-QA1 Coilovers with Lakewood shocks
-Drag springs in the rear with Lakewood shocks
-Team Z CC plates
-Team Z lower control arms
-HP Motorsports upper control arms
-Ford Motorsport 4.30 gear
-IST electric fan
-Auto Meter 5 1/2 Monster Tach with shift light (nice, clean, and secure install)
-Moser 5 lug axles
-All new Timken inner and outer front wheel bearings
-New Continental 5 lug front rotors
-Weld Draglite wheels 15x8 and 15 x 3.5
-Mickey Thompson 26 x 10.5 ET Street tires
-MGW shifter
-ALL new synthetic fluids
-Battery relocated to the trunk
-SN95 mini starter
-Solid bronze pilot bearing
-Driveshaft safety loop
-All new front and rear main seals, oil pan gasket, timing chain cover, upper and lower intake gaskets, etc.
-New black carpet
-New black seat belts
-New door seals
-New heater core
-Arm rest delete
-Alpine CD player
-Computer has been tuned for no rev limiter (MSD has a built in rev limiter that can be changed by the pills)

Car also has new 12% tint that was professionally installed. I also had a new windshield put in a few months ago (I can't stand a pitted windshield!). I put this motor together on a stand and painted the block its original Ford Grey color. The timing chain cover and lower intake were sand blasted to new condition. EVERY nut and bolt I touched was cleaned in a parts cleaning bucket and scrubbed clean. This really is a nice car and was done right this is no way some hacked up or ‘thrown together’ sort of car. This car was put together so I could drive it to the track, ‘beat’ on it, and drive it home with no worries. I however have not ‘beat’ on it yet This car however is not a family cruiser, there is no ac, power steering, power brakes, cruise control, or windshield wipers. With all this being said ALL the harness connectors are still there and not ONE has been cut or anything of that nature.

There is a hood that goes with the car, I just didn't have it on during the motor install. I need better pictures I know!

I’m sure I’m leaving something else out, but you get the idea. $7500 is what I’m asking and need to get around that number to let it go. Sorry, but I’m not interested in trades. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

YOUTUBE VIDEO from when I fired it up for the first time after adding the parts:

YouTube - fired 002.MOV

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 536
  • Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 434
  • Sponsors (?)

I know the pictures are sort of out of order, but the car is ALL put together and finally done! I finally got to drive it for the first time and took it to get the exhaust put on and took it to a local cruise in and it runs extremely well. This car needs nothing and is ready to go! I'm starting a new project and need to make room and free up some funds for it. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.