Electrical 1990 lx - TFI module failure?

Hello everyone,

I had recently solved a bad miss I was having with new livewire 8mm spark plug wires and the performance distributors speadin demon coil. The car was running great until it died on me randomly while driving. I read the the new coil gives a hotter spark and am assuming that caused my tfi module to overheat? If this makes sense to others I will go ahead and replace my tfi module, not sure what else would cause it to die while driving. Has anyone else had this happen after a new coil is installed? I checked all connections and they look solid. I am looking into relocating the tfi module as soon as I get the car back home to avoid a would be 3rd tfi replacement.

Also, I was unable to get the car to start back up. When my last tfi went out it would start up after cooling down for a bit. Can they get completely fried one time and never work again even after cool down?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes the PIP sensor in the distributor will fail and cause similar intermittent propblems. Not expensive but a little work to change as you have to pull and disassemble the distributor.