• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Electrical 1991

  • Thread starter Thread starter larryis2nuts
  • Start date Start date May 31, 2018
L

larryis2nuts

New Member
Apr 10, 2018
1
0
1
joshua tree , ca
May 31, 2018
#1
  • May 31, 2018
  • #1
Need help! I picked up this mustang cheap ran a little rough but I figured I could look into it and fix it I started with the fuel system when into the top app replace fuel injectors the fuel pressure regulator and EGR valve when I put it all back together started the car found that cylinders 1, 5 and 7 had not been firing raw gas was on the spark plugs my checked for spark on each cylinder since injector number 5 is the easiest to get to I put a noid light and check to see if it was working and it was flashing with the car on I'm so lost I don't know what to do anymore where do I go from here anybody have any clue or may have experiences
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,047
10,666
213
polk county florida
May 31, 2018
#2
  • May 31, 2018
  • #2
Start with a basic tune up, plugs wires cap rotor. Check compression. Check for codes. Report back
 

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
In Remembrance. Thank you for your contributions
Mar 10, 2000
27,512
2,813
234
Dublin GA
Jun 1, 2018
#3
  • Jun 1, 2018
  • #3
Check the firing order...

The HO firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.
Non HO firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8




Your post is very hard to read; there are no periods. Please make sure that future posts are properly punctuated .
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Electrical 93 5.0 No Injector Pulse
  • machinermac
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
366
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 1, 2026
Willybill32
L
Engine Why won't the motor start if I have spark and fuel
  • LeviAnderson
  • Nov 20, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
489
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 20, 2025
AeroCoupe
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
444
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
C
Engine Cylinder 5,,7, & 8 run significantly cooler than the other cylinders
  • Crisfixes
  • Sep 27, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
280
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 27, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?