1993 Cobra with rebuilt title, value??

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
What is a reasonable price on a 93 cobra, red with grey leather, 5 speed tranny, VERY CLEAN with a rebuilt title, it has about 105,000 miles on in, it is clean inside and out, I just dont know what to expect on the price when I talk to the owner.... hoping you guys could give me a starting point

• Sponsors (?)

to me, R titles really dont mean much. if you can get a place that did the work and talk to them about what was damaged and how it was repaired, that would be good. if it was just like some front end body damage, that would be ok. if it was repaired at Ford, i would have no problem with it.

tell him your leary of the R title and offer like 6500.

A rebuilt title destroys the car's resale value and some insurance companies won't insure them. In most cases a rebuilt title will cut the value in half.

N8Miller said:
to me, R titles really dont mean much. if you can get a place that did the work and talk to them about what was damaged and how it was repaired, that would be good. if it was just like some front end body damage, that would be ok. if it was repaired at Ford, i would have no problem with it.

tell him your leary of the R title and offer like 6500.

:stupid:

wythors said:
A rebuilt title destroys the car's resale value and some insurance companies won't insure them. In most cases a rebuilt title will cut the value in half.

Good point here. Make sure you check with YOUR insurance compant first, before you buy the car.

i have a 93 Cobra sitting in my driveway now with a slavage title. it belongs to a friend, and still needs a little more work. he doesnt know why it has the salvage the title but he was offered 10k for it several wks ago. he turned it down only because he still isnt sure what he wants to do with the car. all the car needs is new bumper covers, and the cowl repaired from when the hood flew up. other than that its straight and fine.