Frankenstang94

Oct 2, 2018
SoCal
Hello everyone,

So I've been building my 94 a few years now. A little background:
-it was originally an automatic 5.0 ho
-motor was swapped to a 4.6L s281 motor with a ported blower
-trans was swapped with a manual transmission from a 2001 mustang GT

Almost everything is done, my question is this.

Is there any type of oil cooler for this transmission? The car will be used primarily for time attack road courses.

Also, what fluid do you all reccomend to run in this transmission?

Any and all helpful input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see any way or reason to try an put a trans cooler on a manual. They don't heat up like an automatic nor do they pump fluid(which you would need for the cooler). If you were just determined, you would have to put some kind of external pump to force fluid through the cooler. If they make some kind of setup like that I've never seen it, never looked for one either. As far as fluid, I would just run the mercon in it. But I'm sure someone else will have a different opinion. More preference than performance I think

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure. I don't think I would have any heating problems here, I never did with my mt82 on my other mustang but just trying to cover all possible problems I'll run into on the track

I don't have any road race experience but I would highly doubt you have any heat problems. The only problem I've hear of with that kind of abuse is clutch problems due to hydraulic clutches. The fluid gets hot and becomes spongy. No experience with this, just what I've heard