Expired 1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra W/kb 2.1l Sc In Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowekmr

Dec 26, 2010
Chicago, IL
Up for sale is an 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra with 127K miles. This car has rare mystic color (only 2000 made) that changes colors from green to purple. This has the 4.6L 32 valve engine producing 305 hp with the desirable and rare Teksid aluminum block used on the 96-98 Cobras that are good for 800+hp.
I bought this from an insurance auction in Savannah, GA and had it shipped here. Since it was a southern owned car there is absolutely NO RUST at all or corrosion. It was involved in a minor front collision that bent the lip of the original hood (still have) and broke the lights and slightly bent the radiator support. Probably because of the retail price of the paint (900 quart) the insurance company salvaged it. I used a lead Ford body man for the work and he is picky. Instead of pulling out the bends he insisted on replacing. I bought a new radiator support (primed and painted) and bumper reinforcement and new headlights, corner lights, fog lights, OEM Cobra airbags, OEM rear view mirror (cracked), Cobra emblems and had Safelite windshield replaced. Instead of repairing OEM fiberglass hood just bought another one (black) and had it installed. The replacement hood has clear coat pealing though. After repairs were done it needed an IL DOT salvage inspection which it passed with flying colors then I had an IL license rebuilder to submit my paperwork for a salvage to rebuilt title conversion. From then it was a waiting game until the rebuilt title arrived last month. Since then I have been driving it daily and have had no problems or issues.

Besides off road pipe and mufflers (sounds great) this car is all stock and original up to the original Mach 460 radio and separate CD player. Everything works on this car including all power options and AC blows cold. It has to original rims and shocks/springs but rides fairly decent for its age.
I had plans for upgrading this car so I looked hard for a slightly used KB 2.1L screw supercharger, 42 lb/hr injectors and a digital A/F ratio and SC oil. Previous owner of this said it produced 10 psi of boost on his stock Cobra with stock MAF. I was going to buy a 225 ltr/hr pump and get a dyno tuned for around 400+rwhp for a good street car.

Too many other commitments and projects and now realizing winter is approaching (I need a truck) I am selling at a loss for hopefully someone who will bring this back to glory.

The cons:
Worn driver’s seat
Small crack in dash on passenger side.
Replaced hood has clear coat peeling.
Car Needs:
Airbag module programmed (might get done before sale)
CEL light because of off road pipe
Needs hood painted (original hood included)

I will sell car and boxed supercharger and all included pieces for 6K.

Car is located in Chicago you can text/call me (Joe) at 773 879 zero681 or email at rowekmr (at) aol.com.

Excuse the bad pics the car was dirty and it was drizzling:

IMG_8967_zpsgx9rezcs.jpg
IMG_8968_zps7tyxcbzg.jpg
IMG_8969_zpsiyzyfxcc.jpg
IMG_8970_zps35rljtik.jpg
IMG_8973_zpsco9vekix.jpg
IMG_8972_zpsumps9sn9.jpg
IMG_8976_zpslpotn9cz.jpg
IMG_8980_zpsah9nme9w.jpg
IMG_8974_zpstxeeaze4.jpg

Before:
Iphone%205%20583_zpsdqahwemr.jpg