1998 cobra trouble

1998bluecobra

Jun 3, 2009
i have a 1998 cobra with o/r x pipe, flowmasters, fipk, msd wires and coils. i am getting code p0171 which is bank 1 lean. the car feels like it has half the power it should, when hard acceleration it hesitates for about a second (it revs up but you cant feel any power for a second) it also starts to miss around 3k rpms. took it to the dealership and they said it was either the maf sensor or fuel pump starting to go. it has new plugs and a new fuel filter. any help woud be great. also when driving the car normal around town it feels fine. problems only start under hard acceleration.

• Sponsors (?)

If it were the maf or fp you would have bank 1 and 2 both showing lean. Since its just one side I'd start by replacing that o2 sensor. (that is if you have no leaks upstream of that side in the exhaust.)

If it were the maf or fp you would have bank 1 and 2 both showing lean. Since its just one side I'd start by replacing that o2 sensor. (that is if you have no leaks upstream of that side in the exhaust.)

Never hurts to try that, cheapest fix.

Swap the o2 sensors between the two sides, so left in right, right in left. Clear your codes, and if you pull p0173 (or is it p0174?) you'll have that same problem on the other side, and it is the o2 sensor. If you're throwing the same code after clearing, then it's independent of the o2 sensors.