2.3 Ecoboost Pings At Certain Speeds Some Of The Time

Ecostang15

Jan 7, 2018
my 2015 2.3 ecoboost turbo mustang seems to ping sometimes under hard acceleration. I get no codes or engine lights, I've had this checked before, they couldn't find anything. what do you think could be my problem? I run 91 octane, the highest octane i can buy in the area, but I tend to buy it the cheapest I can find it, could I maybe benefit from better fuel?

• Sponsors (?)

my 2015 2.3 ecoboost turbo mustang seems to ping sometimes under hard acceleration. I get no codes or engine lights, I've had this checked before, they couldn't find anything. what do you think could be my problem? I run 91 octane, the highest octane i can buy in the area, but I tend to buy it the cheapest I can find it, could I maybe benefit from better fuel?
Spark knock is most often due to the quality and octane (or both) of gas or the ignition timing. The latter shouldn’t be an issue since it’s controlled by the PCM. Some less reputable places have questionable gas despite what you actually select at the pump. May want to try a national brand and I’ve used the Lucas octane booster on a prior stang with good results when the wife put in 87.

Reactions: 1 user
i've been using quick stop's 91 premium, today I switched to Chevron's 91. I can't get 93 anywhere in a 200 mile radius. How much lucas octane booster should I add per tank? I usually fill up the tank when i get fuel. thanks for your help