2.3 Ecoboost ?

nancygrl

Nov 25, 2009
Looking to possibly get back into a Mustang after a long absence. Thinking about a 2.3L ecoboost with manual transmission. Are there any issues or things to be on the lookout for on an Ecoboost Mustang? I've seen some 2016 with mileage between 15k-40k miles for prices in mid to upper teens. Guess the prices are reasonable.

So is the ecoboost Mustang a good one to get, or would the 3.7 V6 be a better choice ? Which is a more reliable/ better option?

Appreciate any help/advise ...

Nancy

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The 3.7 has been discontinued for 2018, only the 2.3 eco and the 5.0 coyote remain. But if your buying used then you can still get the 3.7. If you want the performance pack, then you need to step up to an eco or GT model, also the eco can easily be upgraded to around 400 crank hp but still get decent mileage and be pretty reliable. And the 3.7 is the base model mustang and not as many options are available, therefor most used ones will be stripped or have very few options.

I know they discontinued the 3.7 for '18. I ask because I'm concerned about reliability of the turbo-4's and them going "boom" or eco-boom as I've read and seen videos about the subject. Might have to wait a little longer and hold out for a GT or get a newer V6

Last edited: