• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

2 Motor Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastA$$89Vert
  • Start date Start date Feb 15, 2004

FastA$$89Vert

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2002
450
0
0
Trenton, NJ
Feb 15, 2004
#1
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #1
1) At the bottom of my water pump I can see coolant starting to come through ( a very little bit ) I really dont have the money to have this fixed at a shop right now. Is there a way you can reseal just that one small area without having to take the pump completely off?

2) I had 1.7rr installed my motor a while back, the passenger side has always made a slight tapping noise from them. They said it was normal...but now the sound seems to be a bit louder...is this normal?
 
T

Tstang90

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2000
2,380
0
46
Long Island,NY
Feb 15, 2004
#2
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #2
Change the Water pump yourself. Even for a first timer its pretty easy. Even if it takes ya 1/2 day who cares its not a race.

As for the RR I never had to adjust em before
 

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
2,773
17
89
Dallas, GA
Feb 15, 2004
#3
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #3
1) A water pump doesn't cost that much, and it isn't that hard to do. Make sure it isn't just a hose or something. Really, you need to learn to work on the car yourself unless you have alot of money, then I suggest you go out and get a 'vette or something newer because with an older car, it's going to be Fix Or Repair Daily even if you buy a Chevy. Maby not DAILY, but often. Paying to have everything to be fixed would have cost me a lot by now.

2) I have 1.7 Crane Rollers, they do make a little noise even thought they are in spec. I don't worry about it too much.
 

FastA$$89Vert

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2002
450
0
0
Trenton, NJ
Feb 15, 2004
#4
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #4
Well, I do some work myself and have learned A LOT with this car. But Im a full time college student and I work to. So I dont have a lot of time to do work myself. I bought this new motor a year ago when the old one died hoping I wouldnt have too many more repairs. I dont think the pump is bad I think it may just be a bad seal cuz theres only a 1 drip coming from the bottom around the blue gasket.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
461
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
453
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
Fox Help
  • 93fox85
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
268
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 23, 2026
Noobz347
N
Power door lock motor Question
  • NYFox
  • Mar 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
319
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 17, 2026
NYFox
N
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
527
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?