2000 Cobra R questions

Sparty92

Jul 30, 2007
Detroit Burbs
Hi,

My friend is looking to buy a 2000 Cobra R, and I'm trying to find out what it might be worth.

It's all original, 1 owner car (dealer owned, I think). The mileage is about 1,500 or so.

It's actually at a Ford dealer in the used car section (indoors, anyway)...and they are asking $46K or so.

Anyone have some thoughts as to the value of this car? The number is #158 or something (the 150s, anyway....LOL).

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, there were 300 made. This one is mid 100's for number sequence. Mileage is low.

Barrett-Jackson sold one in 2009...it was the #2 car, and it sold for $66,000.

I'm thinking that $46K is prolly in the ballpark. It's in excellent condition, with one small nick on the front splitter (thanks, dealership)...but I haven't gone over the car with a magnifying glass yet.

Anyone else have any info on this awesome car?

Thom

Is it this one?
Cars for Sale: 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe in Sterling Heights, MI 48313: Coupe Details - 281489479 - AutoTrader.com Cylinder&certified=&body_code=2&fuel=&only_price=1&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=FORD&keywords_display=cobra&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&body_style=COUPE&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceASC&address=46375&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=239&standard=false