2000 GT Gauge Cluster Wiring Diagram?

projectfilly

May 9, 2009
I'm going....to lose....my mind.

Okay, guys, here's what I've got....

The car is a 2000 GT, i've removed the factory gauge cluster and replaced it with the Autometer cluster, filled with the new Nexus gauges. Cool as hell, if my wiring skills were less fail than they apparently are.

I've got a Haynes manual at home...maybe it's a Chilton...yeah, think it's a Chilton. Anyway. It's for ALL years of SN95, so the wire colors for my gauge cluster are apparently different than what the book tells me. I know that 99+ switched to electronic speedo, and that's probably part of my problem.

So now.... the gauges work (mostly), speedo doesn't work (i'm sure i know why), my wideband on the a-pillar only widebands intermittently...my fuel level gauge doesn't budge, and the car is positively convinced it has 16001 miles. I'm sure that's something preprogrammed by Autometer, but why 16001? why not just 16000? To add insult to injury, i pulled the car back into the garage the other day, and the gauges completely wigged out, tach started jumping around, fuel level gauge was rising, and the gauges then started changing colors (they do that...just usually when i push the button to make them do that). I revved the car up a bit to see if i could get the voltmeter to budge off of 8 (when it had been charging fine all afternoon), and the car started to stumble and stutter, so i shut it off. It doesn't start now. clickclickclickclickclick. If you jump start it, it will stay running as long as you leave the jumper cables on. if you take them off, within a minute or so it stumbles and dies.

SO. Apparently, I can't wire worth a damn, I have something pinched somewhere and potentially several of the gauges tapped into the wrong wires.

To make a VERY long rant somewhat shorter, I will now just ask if anyone has the wiring diagram for a gauge cluster out of a 99-04 (i think they're the same?) GT. Please help.

Please? I don't want to go all Office Space on my own car. But I will. I really will.

Thanks,

Jade

• Sponsors (?)

Did you get the autometer replacement cluster, or just the panel? Reason I ask is, the replacement cluster is plug and play, if you are having problems, the cluster is messed up not your car. If you replaced the panel, and put in autometer "nexus" guages, I'm pretty sure the factory wiring wont work, atleast not all of them; BUT I'm not 100% on that.