2000 GT help please!

Justin1345mcs77

Apr 29, 2009
Hey guys i have a 2000 mustang GT and i recently did a motor swap (2v with Hi tech stage 2 cams,long tubes, and all bolt ons) and i seem to have a problem that i cannot trace. The car idles fine for a few min until it warms up and it starts going up and down like crazy and then dies. It also likes to die when coming to a light or stop sign.
parts i have replaced: Idle control valve,TPS,02 sensors and crank sensor
and yes i DID get it dyno tune...the numbers were lower than i expected? 292/309

Anyways..I am using the MAF that came with the complete low miles motor, but using my old Steeda intake that has the separate air temp sensor. i realized that they are different from my old one. (4 wire vs 6 wires) due to the fact that the air temp sensor isnt built in..
so I was wondering if the MAF from the 03 that has the built in air temp is not liking the air temp in the steeda intake?????? any help would be appreciated guys!
-Justin

• Sponsors (?)

it was actually tuned and not just dyno'd, right? what type of tuner did they use?

the numbers really don't sound bad to me. very respectable. stock 2v heads, right?

Those numbers are pretty average for what I've seen. Takes some work to get these motors over 300 to the wheels NA.

My buddy had the same problem with his car. Was something to do with his cold air intake. If he took the pipe off it would run fine.