• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

2000 GT: Styling Bar Time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang5L5
  • Start date Start date Jul 23, 2023
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
First Prev 23 of 23
B

Bronco2fan

Member
Apr 10, 2025
21
7
13
Tx.
Friday at 7:59 AM
#441
  • Friday at 7:59 AM
  • #441
Nice. Definitely be detailed in the write up, as I still need to do that for mine.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,325
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Saturday at 8:24 AM
#442
  • Saturday at 8:24 AM
  • #442
Guess I’m getting old and tired in my way, as I didn’t take much in the sense of notes. TBH it was really straight forward the side brackets come with one alignment hole. You simply align to a preexisting hole in the body and mark and drill. It was pretty darn easy. Just have a good assortment of bits and maybe even a step bit which made it easy.

Took longer to pull the interior than to install the bar.





Today I’ll take my time to trim the plastics with the included templates and start reassembling.

For some reason I noticed my top motor has a leak somewhere so that will sidebar me a bit. Also bought some more kilmat, and planned to do the entire area under the rear seat
 
Last edited: Saturday at 1:42 PM
Reactions: General karthief, Bronco2fan and gkomo

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,144
4,233
183
Claremore, OK
Saturday at 9:45 AM
#443
  • Saturday at 9:45 AM
  • #443
Looking good man!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,325
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Saturday at 1:46 PM
#444
  • Saturday at 1:46 PM
  • #444
Done. That actually really wasn’t that bad. Just take it slow and follow the directions, but pretty straightforward in terms of aligning the templates






I did do an oops. Misread that these top holes were supposed to be 1 3/4” hole saw. So had to dremel it wider





That was really my only hiccup. Added another 30 mins of time.

Everything all set. Added some sound deadener under the rear seat area




Done. If it wasn’t a nor’easter outside I’d back it out, put the top boot on and take some pics.




Going with the 94-98 black color over the 99-04 charcoal color was absolutely the right call here.
 
Reactions: gkomo, Potomus Pete and General karthief

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,325
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Saturday at 1:49 PM
#445
  • Saturday at 1:49 PM
  • #445
I do need to do something about this. A little annoying. I figure I can add a switch to turn it off when I drive with top up. If I was motivated to pull the bar and panels off again I’m sure I could make some sort of switch that works off the top pressing a push-button to disconnect the circuit. You’d think they would have marketed something like that no?





Edit: looks like there was a device

https://lib.americanmuscle.com/files/99022.pdf
 
Last edited: Saturday at 2:00 PM

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,144
4,233
183
Claremore, OK
Saturday at 2:03 PM
#446
  • Saturday at 2:03 PM
  • #446
Yeah that would drive me nuts as well. Looks really good with the top down.
 
Reactions: Mustang5L5

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,672
213
polk county florida
Saturday at 7:58 PM
#447
  • Saturday at 7:58 PM
  • #447
Just don't put a hooker in the back seat and you're good.
 
Reactions: WhiteCobra95, Potomus Pete and 91AOD5.0LX
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
First Prev 23 of 23
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

For Sale 2000 GT Convertible 4.6 5 SP Exterior/Interior parts remaining from donor car
  • Tods Hot Rods
  • Sep 17, 2024
  • Suspension Parts
Replies
0
Views
382
Suspension Parts Sep 17, 2024
Tods Hot Rods
Finally having time to prepare the ad for the 2000 GT conv remaining parts my shop has
  • Tods Hot Rods
  • Sep 17, 2024
  • Feedback Area | Testing Zone
Replies
1
Views
233
Feedback Area | Testing Zone Sep 17, 2024
Noobz347
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Progress Thread Haven't posted in a looong time... rescuing another 'stang... '89 Vert
  • ChillPhatCat
  • May 20, 2019
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
4K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 1, 2023
joeballz83
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?