Engine 2000 GT unknown maf computer and underdrive pulley.

Badgerflab

Feb 1, 2019
Tacoma, WA
It's my first post!
I have a 2000 mustang gt with the 4.6 2v which has a horrible rod knock. I am swapping in a low mileage 2007 4.6 from a Lincoln town car. I have all that I need, but I have found some interesting parts in the mustang which I am unfamiliar with. I am hoping one of you experts can help me identify these parts.
The first is the crank pulley. It has an anodized crankshaft position toner ring which is adjustable. I have not been able to Google-fu anything close to this. It looks like you can back out the retaining bolts and advance/retard timing. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and find some aftermarket cams in the old engine or something.
The second part is some sort of MAF computer in the glove box. The website advertised is defunct; www.mafterbuerner.com. I've seen some hits on other sites, but nothing specific to a mustang GT of this year. My gut feeling is that I am probably better off with a hand tuner and rip the thing out, but I haven't checked how spliced into the main harness or computer.

Anyways, these are my questions:
What can do I do with this MAF computer? Should I do anything? Looks pretty old.
Why would i want to mess with the adjustable crank position toner ring? Isn't the ECM all smart and computery enough to mess with that?
aQ3TKhM.jpg
Mb3SNWK.jpg

Thanks,
Badgerflab

• Sponsors (?)

There's a lot of work ahead with that setup. Try to find a harness similar to yours and splice back the spots that aren't on yours anymore. If you want the wiring diagrams I can probably find some for you as well as the pinouts for the ECU.

Thanks for the info. I plan to splice back to stock if possible. I have not gotten around to looking at the state of the splicing with the Mafterburner. I'll do some research to find a used or replacement harness if necessary. Splicing/re-splicing isn't scary to me if I can understand how the end result is supposed to be. I do suspect the MAfterburner was not configured properly to begin with, as there was a pretty rich fuel smell when it was running.