2000 V6 to 2001 4.6 swap

I know it is easier to just sell it and get a gt but I have a ton of sentimental value in this car! I don't expect you guys to understand that. But I have and 01 crown vic and I am going to swap in everything I can from the vic to the stang. I need to know what is compatible? I already have an 8.8 with 4.10s and a locker on the stang. If anyone has done this swap or knows someone who has I would appreciate any info. I also have some performance V6 parts that I will be getting rid of after the swap if anyone is interested. including- 135,000 mile engine and tranny that works great. A 3 stage diablo chip. 70mm throttlebody. Cold air kit. possibly the complete borla exhaust system. BBk chrome valve covers. B&M hammer shifter. It might be awhile though. Depending on how smooth the swap goes.

• Sponsors (?)

Believe it or not, this question has been asked before! We definitely need to make it a sticky.

The swap can be made, but it's not easy. It's actually easier to swap in a carb'd 5.0 rather than a later 4.6 due to electronics issues. The swap itself is not that hard, but you're going to be doing a lot of work getting the ECU, gauges, and all the sensors to work together.