2000 V6 to 351w swap

mking207

Sep 15, 2018
Maine
So I'm hoping most of you guys take this post as a fun problem to solve.

I have a 1988 F150 plow truck sitting beside my garage with a 351w AT I got free(technically. any money I make off it, selling the plow, truck, etc. I have to give my grandfather in-law). The truck itself is junk, frames broken, whole thing is rotted BUT, the engine only has 55k on it. So I'd really hate to just throw it away. Now I've been trying to figure out what to put it in. Ranger? S10? Another truck of the same style? All okay, but the small trucks would take more time than I want to invest and another truck just isn't as fun. NOW, there is a 2000 Mustang for sale down the street, not a dime but not a pile either. 3.8 V6 5 speed.

I've done some research and found most of the basics needed - K-frame, motor mounts, bellhousing, etc. This is the problem, I want to do this as cost effective and easy as possible and get the most fun out of the final result. Like I said, this car is not a show piece. So proper race parts are not necessary. The car has $800 on the windshield(no way). My goal is to have less than 2k in the car, 2500 max.......DOABLE???

Lets see how this goes.....THANK YOU!!

• Sponsors (?)

Not everyone at once now.

Well I guess here's an update. The guy said $500 for the car.
I say $400, ill give him some time.
I found a K-Member for $50
Motor mounts for $45
Intake with gaskets and carb. $565
Flywheel I think I can find one around $100

So that puts me at $1,160.

Leaves me almost $1,000 for everything else that will come up along the way.

I think this is doable.