2001 Cobra Questions...

Ok, I need your guys help. As some of you have seen my 1998 Explorer is for sale. I will be picking up a 2001 Cobra in the next few days/weeks. I will start modding up the Cobra the day I get it. I have already started looking for chrome custom 18" wheels and tires. I have already piccked out all my audio and vide stuff that will be going into it. What I need help with is the performance stuff. Like everyone else I want to get the best gains for my money. I need any and all recommendations from you. I would love some brand names, links, and rough prices and hp/tq gains from the parts you recommend. Some of the things that I am looking for are:

Short throw shifter
100-150 shot of spray with purge
Bottle Warmer
Headers
Chip
Dyno Tuning in Michigan????
Cam (I know nothing about them though)
3.73 POSI rear end
King Cobra clutch
Cats cut off
Dual 3"+ exhaust
42lb Fuel Injectors
Complete Fuel system upgrade
MSD ignition
Cold air Intake
Throttle body
10mm wires
Platinum plugs
Pulleys
Line Loc
2" lowering springs

I may or may not be going with a turbo charger or super charger in the future. Not sure right now. Can you guys help me out a bit with what I have listed above? Thank you in advance.

And YES, budget is a bit of an issue here. Isn't it always? :D

• Sponsors (?)

Well good luck finding a Cobra that doesn't have POSI rear and when you find some 10mm plug wires for the 99-01 Cobras you lemme know, I've been looking for some for years!

On a more serious note I would start to learn about the Cobras in general. You don't seem to know too much about them, go to the SVT part of the forum, grab some beers, and start reading...EVERYTHING!

Monkie said:
Well good luck finding a Cobra that doesn't have POSI rear and when you find some 10mm plug wires for the 99-01 Cobras you lemme know, I've been looking for some for years!

On a more serious note I would start to learn about the Cobras in general. You don't seem to know too much about them, go to the SVT part of the forum, grab some beers, and start reading...EVERYTHING!

My bad. I had no idea that the Cobra's CAME with 3.73 posi out of the box. Oh wait, they DON'T. :nice: They may be POSI, but not running 3.73 gears. As far as the 10mm wires go, I nearly positive that I have seen them on 4.6's before, I could be wrong there. You've been a lot of help, thanks. :bang:

I honestly thought that since this is a Mustang board, and my thread is not just addressing one or two items, that many diffreent members could comment on the many different parts and questions I asked. Thanks fellas. :notnice:

Welcome to StangNet Crazzy Al. I do recommend searching for info on a particular subject in a particular forum, but feel free as well to post. (Most of these guys love to hear themselves talk and have disagreements over what shudda, coulda or mightbe better, faster, stronger, etc.)
Please don't think everyone here is gonna tell you "You don't seem to know to much...". Most of the guys here are young...
Take a swing with www.modulardepot.com

twogts4us said:
Welcome to StangNet Crazzy Al. I do recommend searching for info on a particular subject in a particular forum, but feel free as well to post. (Most of these guys love to hear themselves talk and have disagreements over what shudda, coulda or mightbe better, faster, stronger, etc.)
Please don't think everyone here is gonna tell you "You don't seem to know to much...". Most of the guys here are young...
Take a swing with www.modulardepot.com

Nice. A member who's head ISN'T up their ass. Thank you for the "Welcome" I have been here about 8 months, I just hardly ever post, mainly due to the fact that I didn't (still don't but that will change very soon) have a Stang to post about. I will take a look at that link you posted. Thanks again.

Crazzy_Al said:
Nice. A member who's head ISN'T up their ass. Thank you for the "Welcome" I have been here about 8 months, I just hardly ever post, mainly due to the fact that I didn't (still don't but that will change very soon) have a Stang to post about. I will take a look at that link you posted. Thanks again.

So my head is up my ass but you're the one that is searching for the best CAM, 10mm plug wires, 3.73 POSI rear (I suppose meaning you want an aftermarket IRS differential with 3.73 gears in it), MSD ignition, and a King Cobra clutch for your soon to be 01 Cobra. :rolleyes: Next time learn to take alittle joke and do alittle research before you post. The search feature is free and you should do some looking around instead of getting your thong 9" up your ass over people telling you to look around some sites.

Monkie said:
So my head is up my ass but you're the one that is searching for the best CAM, 10mm plug wires, 3.73 POSI rear (I suppose meaning you want an aftermarket IRS differential with 3.73 gears in it), MSD ignition, and a King Cobra clutch for your soon to be 01 Cobra. :rolleyes: Next time learn to take alittle joke and do alittle research before you post. The search feature is free and you should do some looking around instead of getting your thong 9" up your ass over people telling you to look around some sites.

Alright, another completely worthless post. Congrats bud, you have one more to add to your post count. How do you maintain such a high level "jackassness?" You are an inspiration to us all. Great job bud. :flag:

Crazzy_Al said:
Alright, another completely worthless post. Congrats bud, you have one more to add to your post count. How do you maintain such a high level "jackassness?" You are an inspiration to us all. Great job bud. :flag:

Ok chit storm I'll help your stupid a$$ out... :rolleyes:

Crazzy_Al said:

Short throw shifter
Pro 5.0 or Steeda Tri-Ax (I prefer Pro 5.0, I've had both)***$200***

Crazzy_Al said:

100-150 shot of spray with purge
I'd go with a NX kit***$590***75-150hp

Crazzy_Al said:

Bottle Warmer
Go with NX again***$390***

Crazzy_Al said:
Hooker or BBK***$500***10-30hp

Crazzy_Al said:
If you dyno tune it you won't need one, mail order chips aren't good anyways

Crazzy_Al said:

Dyno Tuning in Michigan????
I'm not from around there so someone else will have to help you

Crazzy_Al said:

Cam (I know nothing about them though)
The 01 Cobra has DUAL over head CAMS that means there is 4 in all.
Try SHM, VT, or COMP***around $1,000***HP depends

Crazzy_Al said:

3.73 POSI rear end
Gears is all you need, not the differential itself, Cobras come with POSI.
Ford Racing***$200***

Crazzy_Al said:

Cats cut off
Good idea

Crazzy_Al said:

Dual 3"+ exhaust
3" exhaust isn't needed, you won't be making enough power to tell the difference.
2.5" exhaust***$500-$1,000***10hp-40hp

Crazzy_Al said:

Complete Fuel system upgrade/42lb injectors
SHM injectors or Steeda injectors***$400***03 Cobra fuel pump***$350

Crazzy_Al said:

MSD ignition
:rlaugh:

Crazzy_Al said:

Cold air Intake
Waste of money, get a drop in K&N filter and take out the snorkle or get a N/A power pipe if you are going to spray

Crazzy_Al said:

Throttle body
Accufab!***$?? let me know when you find one for a 99-01 Cobra

Crazzy_Al said:

10mm wires
:lol:

Crazzy_Al said:

Platinum plugs
Ford dealership***couple bucks

Crazzy_Al said:
Steeda UD pulleys***$120***5-10hp

Crazzy_Al said:
:shrug: I just use the brake

Crazzy_Al said:

2" lowering springs
:shrug: Don't know who makes 2" lowering springs. Thats too low IMO

Welcome. Good luck with getting your car. I would also suggest you research to the fullest everything you think you want to do, because after you seek the answer your looking for I bet you may change your mind on a few of the mods you have listed. It would take a really long thread to get the complete info your looking for on all the parts listed above. Good luck and post pics when you get it.