2001 gt top color

Mr_cad3

Aug 1, 2018
North Carolina
Getting ready to put a new top on the wife’s 2000 gt But I cant get a solid answer on what color top I need to order so is there a way to check the vin for top color or a nice color scale on the internet somewhere if so somebody point me in the right direction. Also I looked alittle for a how to on replacing the top but I’m sure there is a good one on here somewhere help me out
image.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I think there was two colors, black and tan. Believe the tan top went with the tan interior. Replacing a top is not easy unless you have had some experience. I read up on the steps necessary when I needed a new one years ago and after doing so I decided to let the professional do it( Luckily? it was my DD and work was crazy at the time so I had the extra cash to have it done). It might be a fun project with the time to do it.

I think there was two colors, black and tan. Believe the tan top went with the tan interior. Replacing a top is not easy unless you have had some experience. I read up on the steps necessary when I needed a new one years ago and after doing so I decided to let the professional do it( Luckily? it was my DD and work was crazy at the time so I had the extra cash to have it done). It might be a fun project with the time to do it.
Yes but when I go to order it there are 5 different tans

Agree, the Ford top I had was "tanner" than those colors I think, but it looks good I think and it maybe "tanner" in person if that is important to you. No matter the color a new top makes the whole car look better.