2001 Stang, Looking For Some Help

kmpunk

Mar 10, 2016
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2001 V6 convertible Stang, and it's having a few issues and I'd like to see what y'all think. First off I had the P0401 engine code, which I've seen most people say is the DPFE Sensor so I went ahead and replaced that and sprayed some brake clean through the lines, but didn't help the rough run- and by rough run, I mean when accelerating and I hit around 30 Mph and it starts doing this weird bumping thing like it's kinda hesitating(honestly kinda hard to explain) then i noticed once when I accelerated the engine light started flashing which I know is a misfire but haven't had the chance to check the code on that yet. What do you guys think I should start with? I was thinking clean the EGR Valve and check my plug wires next to see if it helps and just wanted some input. Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

Update: it has a Cylinder 3 mis Fire. Should I just start at the spark plug and plug wire and see if they are bad? I have a feeling the coil pack may just being going out

First and easiest thing to do might be to move the wire to another cylinder. If that cylinder starts to misfire and #3 stops misfiring, then it's not likely to be the plug. If #3 does keep misfiring, then switch plugs with another cylinder and see if it follows the plug...if so, you've got your answer.