2002 gt lightning motor install

• Sponsors (?)

It's kind of a tall engine for a non-truck chassis. You might think about simply putting a twinscrew or a turbo on the current engine and calling it a day.

Lightning motor in a Crown Vic:

medium_Lightning_Crown_Vic.jpg

I saw a guy a gas station few years back with a 2000 GT that had a lightning swap. It was cool and all but he had a huge hole in the hood to clear the blower. A swap like this would be really fun if you were doing it for fun, BUT, for the money you would invest you could build a boosted 2V and have less in the way of what you would need to do to make it just as fast. It's only money tho.

it will swap in..however you will have to do a little re wiring to run the lightning ecu and even with a 6" hood you'll still have to cut a hole in the hood because it wont be tall enough...its a cool swap but you will have a crap ton of torque and will need some very sticky tires to keep it from breaking loose all the time...

you can, if yoy have the skills, make a block off plate on the top of the blower where the plenum bolts to the blower and reroute it to be rear exit so thay you can use the sidemount 03/04 cobra plenum and intake setup and then you can keep from cutting a hole in the hood...but youll still need a tall hood

I saw a guy a gas station few years back with a 2000 GT that had a lightning swap. It was cool and all but he had a huge hole in the hood to clear the blower. A swap like this would be really fun if you were doing it for fun, BUT, for the money you would invest you could build a boosted 2V and have less in the way of what you would need to do to make it just as fast. It's only money tho.

A Cobra R hood may have cleared it.

do you think the swap would be a good idea if i could pick up a motor 2500. i know the trans will bolt up (dont know how long it would hold up though), motor mounts will bolt up, stock exhaust manifolds will work if modified. the oil pan from a mustang will work if you beat down the oil baffels, the longer stroke of the 5.4 crank will rub on them if you dont. wiring would probably be a nightmare, but i could handle that. i know id have to get a bigger fuel pump for shure. is there anything else you can think of that i would have to change or swap over to complete a swap like this.