2002 Mustang Convertible rear coils

Sjohnson1256

Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone I am new here and I am in search or rear coils/springs that go over the struts to raise my car back to normal height. It was previously lowered before I bought it. I am having trouble finding these coils and I am also wondering can I just change the front coils? It looks like to me that the front and back are different sizes. The front MUST be changed as there is sagging and uneven tire wear. Someone please help!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi everyone I am new here and I am in search or rear coils/springs that go over the struts to raise my car back to normal height. It was previously lowered before I bought it. I am having trouble finding these coils and I am also wondering can I just change the front coils? It looks like to me that the front and back are different sizes. The front MUST be changed as there is sagging and uneven tire wear. Someone please help!

Sounds like you have an aftermarket coil-over kit. In that case, you sorta need to know the brand of coil-overs you have on the car. Coilovers tend to be adjustable, so there is some ability to lift/lower the car with them. Coil-over spings tend to be universal. You just need to know the diameter and free lenght of what you have now and you can buy accordingly.

For example, but these may not fit yours.

In standard form, Mustangs used a standard shock and separate spring in the rear. The spring sits on the control arm and fits into a pocket on the body.
1678799522209.png

Pics would help ID what you have