2002 Mustang Gt Fog light mod/fix pics included

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
Indiana
If everyone already knows this please forgive me.... Im new to this forum.

From the factory our cars kill the fog lights when the brights are turned on. I always bypassed this on my gt foxbody stangs.

I wanted to do the same to my 02. It took some searching around some sites but I found an easy way. I am not sure what years this applies to. I KNOW it works on my 02 if you have same set up in your fuse box it should work.

I added the text and arrows for reference.
The fuse box is on the drivers side strut tower. remove the lid and it should look like this:

These are the relays for the fog lights:

View attachment 159770

You want to remove the cut out relay:

Looking at the relay it has 3 terminals in a row and 2 that sit sideways you want to remove the terminal as shown in the picture. This is the ground terminal. By removing the ground from the relay it will not activate when you turn brights on. If it cannot activate, it cannot turn off your fog lights! Put the relay back in and test the set up by turning on the parking lights with fogs on. Then turn on low beams with fogs on. Then turn on high beams and fogs should stay on. The power button for the fog lights will still operate normally.

View attachment 159772

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

What's with the chitty pics :shrug:

EDIT: also don't snap any pics with the fogs and brights on... I'm sure they'll be chitty too and I don't want to see 'em

:D

I think the camera lens on my iphone was dirty.... Better than nothing so deal with it puss hole.